Hail the bison

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be embarrassed to schedule s$$t like that

So what you are saying is the Sioux were a shit team 2 years ago but now they are not. How is any one team suppose to know how good any team is going to be from year to year. MVS is in the same division as the bison. If that would of been a division 2 school I would agree with you.

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yah I can see your point.....last 4 seasons....
2016 - 1-10
2015 - 1-10
2014 - 2-9
2013 - 2-9

defiantly a team on the upswing

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Local bar always give away a free beer for the house every time the Bison score a TD. Everybody went home happy except the bar owner.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really want to see the Bison play harder opponents just to see how good they are. Throw in a couple B1G, SEC, or Mountain West games just to gauge how good they really are playing.
I'm sure they'd jump at the chance but most of those teams won't play them especially now that they've beaten so many of them. It is too bad they had to play an opponent like this, really no value in it. One website had them ranked 559th in all of college football, with 150 D2 and 30 D3 schools ahead of them.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The Bison schedule these easy games just like the FBS schools do. Good warm up games and pretty much guarantee to win games. I'm sure the Bison would have sheduled another FBS team if it would have worked out. Sounds like the Bison paid them $240,000 for that whooping!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
This ^^^ and the fact that if you schedule them, you better beat them 72-7....so we did.

The Bison schedule these easy games just like the FBS schools do. Good warm up games and pretty much guarantee to win games. I'm sure the Bison would have sheduled another FBS team if it would have worked out. Sounds like the Bison paid them $240,000 for that whooping!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be interesting to know the inner workings of scheduling these games, why pay to whoop some lesser team... is it not better to play against stiffer competition, and get paid... or have NDSU found themselves in a unique situation where many FBS schools don't want to risk the upset.. Didn't Big10 stop letting members play FCS schools..

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
bb396a80e4e2e855a1cd9391c93a0c257d0d2b77d32d729453b462492bbba644.jpg

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The diehards will cheer no matter who ndsu plays, but I saw a lot of fans standing with their arms crossed and with a "it's more exciting at the high school games" look on their face. I for one am glad I haven't dished out money in 2 years for season ticks, I'll take in a game when I have the time now..

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be interesting to know the inner workings of scheduling these games, why pay to whoop some lesser team... is it not better to play against stiffer competition, and get paid... or have NDSU found themselves in a unique situation where many FBS schools don't want to risk the upset.. Didn't Big10 stop letting members play FCS schools..
First of all yes it has become more difficult for NDSU to get anyone to play them including FBS teams. Secondly the Bison actually make more money from a home game (any home game as they all sell out) then a guarantee from a non P5 school so it's simple economics. It is what it is, a cheap home game and a chance to get the younger players some experience to build depth.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really want to see the Bison play harder opponents just to see how good they are. Throw in a couple B1G, SEC, or Mountain West games just to gauge how good they really are playing.

Better yet, schedule one consistently in the the top 10. Would be interesting

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Better yet, schedule one consistently in the the top 10. Would be interesting

Scheduling is not always as easy as it would appear. Most are correct in stating that there are not a lot of FCS schools anxious to play higher level FBS schools. Losses for them are embarrassing. Also, most games that are not conference games are scheduled years in advance. Doesn't NDSU have Oregon on the schedule in 2020? Who knows how good either of them will be 3 years from now. It is true that this game opener was never predicted to be much of a game. I'm also guessing that even the faithful who knew it wasn't going to be a tough game didn't expect to score 72, and a fair share of those were not with many starters in the game.

Rest assured, the remaining teams on the schedule will not be pushovers.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do think eastern Washington is overrated this year. Not the same team as with their old OC. Bison did put them away in the second half. USD looks to be a top team in the valley this year.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eastern had 4 players go to nfl from last year's team. They generally play tough. They have never been a great defense team. The bison have one hell of a program. If your a hater get over it. University University u can kiss what's under der

- - - Updated - - -

032517.s.ff.undhockey.222.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82