Diesel pickup exhaust

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
after you price a new DPF you'll probably opt for the delete. and the guy that buys it from you will appreciate it. In fact it'll multiply your sales potential ten times.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regular maint. on a 6.4L Powerstroke is a 125K Mi DPF replacement

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, so here's the remainder of the story. After a number of hiccups, some leading to visits with Eides's diesel shop, the guilty party ended up being an Exhaust Gas Back-Pressure Sensor. Kind of an odd thing overall, but I did a bunch of internet sleuthing to arrive at the most likely problem and kind of pushed them in that direction. Note...the guys down at Eides are great to work with, but I don't think this is something they have seen very often.

Anyway, got a new sensor in and some XX months and 8k miles later and she's running fine.

Still thinking of swapping it out for a newer ride this spring. It's been a great ride for some 10 years and 130k miles, but I'm ready to upgrade. If you're in the mood to donate, just send me a pm!

- - - Updated - - -

Note, the guys at Eide stuck a scope up that F250's derriere and turbo enough to not see anything that causes concern with the exhaust itself. She's got a complete clean bill of health.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69