Boat windshield protector?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a follow up. Went with the Truxedo windshield protector. Works great and fits well. Secure mounting via the straps. Worth the money and then some to me. Thanks for the input!

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also purchased a truxedo. It stays put really well at highway and interstate speeds and fits pretty well. My windshield is a little bit of a weird shape (Nitro ZV21). All in all, I am happy with the purchase.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any updates on this subject or is Truxedo still the way to go? Looking to pick one up before summer.

Do these fit underneath a lund travel tarp?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any updates on this subject or is Truxedo still the way to go? Looking to pick one up before summer.

Do these fit underneath a lund travel tarp?

yep, call up Jake at FlakJacket. Best product out there for windshield protection.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Flack Jaket is the only way to go 20200223_165819.jpg. Remember you get what you pay for.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looks expensive. I'd go with a carpet remnant and a couple ratchet straps like the guy I saw buzzing down 83 a couple weeks ago.

:;:

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a Flack Jacket for two years now. Best thing out there. Rolls up and easy to store and is durable. This item is one that falls under the "buy nice or buy twice" rule.

Jake is a good shit, makes good products, and is local. We need to support these great local ND companies!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those Flak Jackets look very nice. I am still totally happy with my Truxedo. It has held up well, the only thing I'd say is be careful if it is super cold. I fished really late into fall this year and it gets stiff at 15 degrees. But overall, I'd certainly buy another. If you got a boat that is older, its probably your best universal fit option.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought mine off of Cabela's and I seem to use it 50% of the time (lazy). The thing doesn't move around because it's clipped behind the consoles both horizontally and vertically. I know I need to get my arse up on top one more time and put it in place before coming home, but I'm more in tune with hooking myself up with that cold beer from the cooler on the ride home than I am pulling the shield out of the the box and taking that 45sec to hook it all in.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought mine off of Cabela's and I seem to use it 50% of the time (lazy). The thing doesn't move around because it's clipped behind the consoles both horizontally and vertically. I know I need to get my arse up on top one more time and put it in place before coming home, but I'm more in tune with hooking myself up with that cold beer from the cooler on the ride home than I am pulling the shield out of the the box and taking that 45sec to hook it all in.
Drinking and driving is illegal and frowned upon.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member

Are you a ND State Representative?? Asking for a friend... :D

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you a ND State Representative?? Asking for a friend... :D

I prefer to give my verbal guidance TO a state legislator rather than BEING a state legislator. In the meantime, that Yeti coozie on the way home ties off a good day on the water very nicely. :;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77