Salmon fishing along~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake superior north shore~

Every fall these odd looking salmon come in to spawn bye the 100's,not worth a shit to eat unless smoked but damn fun to catch,once in the shallow stream they die off quickly as they start to rot after they lay eggs,thought you guys would like a looksey at one.

pinks.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
had a buddy that would hike up the baptism river there and catch the shit out of them in the fall.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member

Every fall these odd looking salmon come in to spawn bye the 100's,not worth a shit to eat unless smoked but damn fun to catch,once in the shallow stream they die off quickly as they start to rot after they lay eggs,thought you guys would like a looksey at one.

20180515_193252 (1).jpg

I'll be the first to admit i don't know diddley squat about salmon fishing, but what in the hunchback of notre dam is that species of salmon?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are called "Pink Salmon" streams are low,have a couple secret spots where you could walk across the stream on they're backs,I usually fish at the mouth of the streams to catch the fresh one's to smoke,meat is more firm and we will catch lake trout and kings as well lake side,lake trout come in to feast of the salmon eggs/roe,kings come in to spawn as well but enter the streams later in the month/oct but cruise the shoreline and feeed.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished the Willow Creek in Alaska in 2015. It was late run (August) and there was a stretch of the Creek that had pink salmon stacked. One on top of each other for about 100 yards. You literally could not cast through there without catching or snagging one. It was a blast. Fight like the dickens.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member

20180515_193252 (1).jpg

Spent many hours fishing along banks of the Gitchee Gumee - Nice humpy! Im pretty sure they run every other year though from what I remember.. Smoked not bad.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75