What is your best photos for the year so far

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the pic of the rebar next to the stone

Thats an old survey quarter corner marker. Placed there in the 1800s after Lewis and Clark came through. I thought it was neat how it is still there today. Found lots of them on various surveys I did!

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
20170107_094757.jpg

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
20170912_082222.jpg

First time the pup saw a dove decoy. She stayed that way for several minutes and then looked over with a look that said why are you not shooting? I have them pinned down, idiot!

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sunset Sakakwea.jpg
fishing off the rocks looking west from the Hwy 85 embankment by pump house.. most might reconize the point

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fun thread guyz,great pics! Thanx for sharing~

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3061.jpg

Here's my favorite picture from this year. My wife's 1st big game animal ever . . . and she's 6 months pregnant!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
brokenbackjack:

Born in 46 and yes the body does go south with various degrees for us.
Sometimes the pain from simply bending over gets tuff and my walk is slow but it always was slow (mind is starting to have issues and that is a bigger concern right now for me). Ask the wife the other day what her name was and why she was in bed with me. Tuff night.

Ones outlook on life sure does change with age and I only wish I had the knowledge I now have when I was young and the understanding of life and what is important. So I will continue to bend over and push on the pain, applied for a cross bow permit, continue to drink old mill ( a bit slower at that to), excite the wife now and then as she likes to excite me, no longer look to put funds in savings, had a five foot (seemed like it) rod put up a passage this past week only to find out there was no cancer ( a good thing, should of listen to the doc as he said at my age I should not find out my prostate number any more), and do enjoy the picture as much as I enjoy my trail camera picture.

Continue with the paper apps for the deer license if only to piss the young off.

In your mind Jack, I am sure you have not gone south as much as you let on to. db-2

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never gets old reflecting on our memories...grizz pups.jpg

dolly varden.jpg

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are not good photography because it's my phone through the spotting scope. I had to take them anyway just to document it. A coyote chewed the heck out of a 3X4 buck this morning. I was out just sitting in my vehicle with a spotting scope expecting a 1000 yard shot. Darn south wind messed me up. Anyway, this buck was swimming in circles in the Pipestem reservoir. After half an hour he swam towards me. I watched him swim for 1/2 mile. He kept trying to come to shore, then would turn back. When he hit 500 yards from me I turned the power down to 22X. I had looked for a coyote on shore, but because I didn't see one I concentrated on the deer. When I dropped the power there is a coyote looking right at me. Scent or sight whichever he took off. He was 466, but because I thought I was going to have all this time my rifle was in the back, and not even loaded. I shot, but ranged after and he was 680. Maybe I hit the same quarter of land he was on.
Anyway here is a pic of him swimming at sunrise, and one coming out of the water. He had a hard time walking. He took a couple of mouths of vegetation then collapsed on the shore. I'm going out tonight to see if the coyotes came back or if he is alive. I'll post pics from my phone. 48X and the phone on 2.3X.20171010_081024_003.jpg20171010_082807_002.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79