What is your best photos for the year so far

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
20181219_082210.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
JayKay.. love that sunrise shot at Graners. With that big deadhead parked there, i think I could almost put a year on it too....(not this year)? right.

You are correct sir. That photo was taken a couple years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few more planes

422b59f48f77dd097248ed0c430dc737_width-600.jpg

these-are-my-bad-ideas-for-the-weekend-243.jpg

shes-got-the-type-of-eyes-that-just-grab-you-7.jpg

acf340cf99469f6fd0d2ee03e1138532_width-600.jpg

burn-your-bra-and-join-the-revolution-30-photos-25-3.jpg

d5fdeb2a38d99c7b4495dc99c1709268-2.jpg

g3t-y0ur-v1510n-ch3ck3d-w1th-th35e-b34ut13s-photos-23.jpg

2400, this must be an old Ford Tri-Motor? My dad and I flew in one this past summer. Was very interesting.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bump and shameless plug...

I entered one of my Alaskan photos into a contest and would take any votes you guys might want to toss my way.

Linky;

http://wshe.es/nbbKxclW

The Photo;

upAPGVA.jpg

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
This Eagle is in a Cypress tree,Taken in Florida in February

DSC_7945.jpg

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The design on the pockets of that woman's jeans certainly add to the picture. Sorry for appearing to be insensitive, I have always liked the view of a nice pair of tight-fitting jeans.

You weren’t forced into “retirement” by chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 7mmMag. Good for you man

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^ LOL, Nope, retired freely. I'm betting there is hardly a guy on here who disagrees with the view of tight fitting jeans. Even us married guys can live with the rule of "Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu."

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
After running through this whole thread again, i realized I am in need of some new camera equipment. What are you all using? I used to be real good at this photography thing until they took those canisters of film off the market. Now my camera sits in the closet. I'm recently retired and will do a little traveling and need some equipment. Want an idea or ideas on a normal sized camera and a pocket sized one if any of you have recommendations. TIA

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
After running through this whole thread again, i realized I am in need of some new camera equipment. What are you all using? I used to be real good at this photography thing until they took those canisters of film off the market. Now my camera sits in the closet. I'm recently retired and will do a little traveling and need some equipment. Want an idea or ideas on a normal sized camera and a pocket sized one if any of you have recommendations. TIA

I use my iPhone. Your welcome

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think any of the good brands will work its knowing how to use them on manual that makes all the difference. Frosty will be the man to give a detailed answer. rokslide also has a really good photo section with lots of instruction. All my pics were off a i phone

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve only used Canon DSLR bodies, that’s because any Canon DSLR body will pretty much take any Canon DSLR lens. I have 2 “L” series Canon lenses. 24-105 for “general use”, and 100-400 when I want to take wildlife pics. The batteries that come w/Canon bodies last for about 374748383648 shots before you have to charge them. Durability of the lenses and bodies has been excellent for me as well. I’ve carried them in my pack hunting in all kinds of warm and cold, wet and dry weather. I’ve also left them in the storage compartments of my various boats for weeks at a time without issue. Plus, they take outstanding pics.

I haven’t found a “pocket-sized” P&S that takes great pics AND is really durable. I’ve owned 2 SX series Canons that took great pics but neither lasted long. In both cases dropping them induced terminal damage. Currently I’m using a Panasonic LUMIX ZS50 and it’s durable butdoesnt have nearly the image quality that the SX Canon has. IMO detail washes out easily and image quality @ the edges ant nearly as good with the LUMIX. For me at least, the search continues.

ive posted this before, but, this is one of the best pics I’ve ever taken. Canon 7-D body and Canon L 100-400 lens:

A1FB4BD1-0EF9-40DA-8B5E-CD1E60804A00.jpg

The camera and glass do enough enough that I can crop and adjust a little color while retaining good image quality.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85