The Official Wentz Wagon Thread

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a dirty hit and clearly deserved a flag and possible suspension. He speared him helmet to helmet. You can't do that to anyone anymore, not RB, WR or TE much less a QB. They claim to be much more concerned about player safety and head injuries and yet they don't even flag that play. Ridiculous.

Oh and the "he needs to learn to slide" narrative is a bunch of bullshit concerning this play. This was a dirty play that could have happened on any play slide or not.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
But in general, he needs to learn to slide.

This was a dirty hit for sure, and those can happen on a slide, a sack, after the play is dead, etc. Clowney took him out on purpose in this case, but they aren't ALL dirty hits. He's getting paid a lot of money to lead his team and for the most part you gotta stay on the field to do that.

Every time a quarterback drops back to pass, there's risk involved. Every time a quarterback takes off on a run, there's risk involved. Pretty sure there are a few players on every team out there specifically to hurt people, so just stepping on the field opens you up to an injury at the hands of those thugs. When a QB takes off running, you know defenders start foaming at the mouth. However, every time a QB dives head first instead of a slide or doesn't give himself up when he's about to get crushed, there's UNNECESSARY risk involved. That was my point. Like I said, the guy is a gamer. He's out there busting his ass on every play and if I was a coach or an owner or a fan, I'd love that about him. However if I was a coach or an owner or a fan, I'd also want him to do what he can to minimize his chances of being injured.

Many QB's have mastered the art of running and sliding and one of them just beat the Eagles yesterday.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been said many times over the past 4 years and still holds true...Wentz needs to learn how to slide if he expects to play much longer.

I would be disappointed if I was his teammate watching him get injured on another running play, and I'd be pretty pissed if I was the one paying him 700K per game and he can't get that little tidbit to sink in. He's a good quarterback. He can be a threat throwing and running. However he's not a threat when he's sitting on the sideline or in the locker room. Every injury I've seen him get on the football field has been a result of a head first dive when he's trying to end the play or by him trying to extend the play by not going down. If he figured out the benefit of giving himself up by sliding, he'd have missed half the games or less that he has missed and his team would have undoubtedly won some of those games too that they didn't.

This was a dirty play in my opinion, but Carson opened up the opportunity. I'll give him credit for being a gamer, but he's getting killed and killing his team by NOT sliding.

How much of a threat running could he be if he slid like Rodgers & Brady? This was not a head first dive he was tripped up and falling forward

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup, for a supposedly smart kid, not sure why he hasnt figured that out yet. Also it comes down to coaching, let him sit on the bench for a few plays every time he doesnt slide into home...

Perhaps he should seek advice from the QB that was across the field from him on Sunday. Wilson is 5'11" 225 pounds, yet has missed very little time to injury in 8 seasons...how do you explain that...just lucky...don't think so.

emerald

Established Member
needs to implement, apop up, spring loaded, steel baton, on the back of shoulder pads, to take out someones dreadlocked adams apple, after a blatant,typical geto cheap shot,refs suck, nfl sucks

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wilson has been sliding all his life, baseball background. That said Carson has the same/simlar background so what's the difference? Does one value his life a little more than the other? Does one think they are a little more invinsible than the other? Wilson slides like a professional baseball player; Wentz not so much. Someone needs some lessons.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
ENnbCKrW4AAxQ3m.jpg

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
The argument can be made that he was outside of the pocket, making him eligible for a hit the same as a rb and I would agree with that. And shame on him for not sliding, dumb move. That being said, pretty sure Rogers was outside of the pocket when Barr tackled him and next thing you know, you can't put your overall weight on a QB anymore. Don't tell me they're not treated differently, hell how can they not be when you're investing that much money on them. But the fact that Wentz took that big of a hit is bad enough. If they don't change targeting on all players with the ball, regardless of the position, I'd be surprised.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just watching the replay of the game and didn't realize Wentz played 5 more snaps after the hit. He didn't look any worse for wear. Think the wife (eagles fan) said he had no recall of playing the game when the game was finished. Hope he comes out for the better from this one.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The argument can be made that he was outside of the pocket, making him eligible for a hit the same as a rb and I would agree with that. And shame on him for not sliding, dumb move. That being said, pretty sure Rogers was outside of the pocket when Barr tackled him and next thing you know, you can't put your overall weight on a QB anymore. Don't tell me they're not treated differently, hell how can they not be when you're investing that much money on them. But the fact that Wentz took that big of a hit is bad enough. If they don't change targeting on all players with the ball, regardless of the position, I'd be surprised.
Intention Helmet to helmet contact with running backs and receivers are both penalties

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that hit immediately and figured hed be injured, they didnt initially replay that contact so I rewound it and actually showed it again to my wife and parents in slow motion. Low and behold, couple more plays and hes in the tent, then off the field... Still amazed the refs let that go, they should be fined!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wentz is stinking it up big time this year.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah since wentz got hurt he really hasnt been the same player, wentz reminds me of carson palmer and daunte culpepper both qbs suffered from a season ending knee injury and were never really the same after. Tom Brady seems to be one of those players who came back after a season ending knee injury and didnt skip a beat. It does help when you have a awesome o line and a new sympathetic rule just for you

Perch_herder

Founding Member
Founding Member
His supporting cast sucks! Ask someone you watch football with to name a WR on the Eagles that is playing this week. Combined with a line that is even worse it may just lead to a benching. They can start the run for the #1 draft pick sweepstakes if that happens.

Brasmunky

Established Member
I dunno how to look back thru posts but I predicted this almost perfectly. Wentz was a flash in the pan and will be selling insurance in Bismark pretty soon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57