The Official Wentz Wagon Thread

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I predict he gets one more year as starter for Indy. He played like crap at times but he was constantly scrambling for his life because the line sucked and his receivers were never open. Maybe they’ll try to put better pieces around him. And don’t even get me started on their horrific secondary.

most of the time he scrambles there is someone he could have thrown too. He just does not have the eye for seeing when guys will be open.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still think it's just neato that he's from ND and where he was drafted. SO many variables go into wins/losses.

I'm not an apologist - he makes very suspect decisions at times and puts himself in harm's way too often. Needs to play smarter to stick around.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, i to wish it would have gone better for him. But then a team wins or not, it all depends on one player, the QB. Yes/no.

But i will still support a player from ND and stand with him. Maybe one day, i can invite him to bow hunt a deer on one of my plots. Would be great if he came. db

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, i to wish it would have gone better for him. But then a team wins or not, it all depends on one player, the QB. Yes/no.

But i will still support a player from ND and stand with him. Maybe one day, i can invite him to bow hunt a deer on one of my plots. Would be great if he came. db

Yes is my answer.

QB = player everyone listens to on EVERY play before the snap happens. He has the power to change the call, energize the team, and anything else you can think of that a true leader does.

I've been a Kirk Cousins apologist...now I finally realize what's wrong - he's not a leader!

He doesn't inspire his team. Statistically, one of the best in Vikes history. But from a leadership standpoint - does he ever even resemble someone like Peyton Manning?

If you want to watch the link click on "Watch on YouTube".

"Omaha!!" Best of Peyton Manning Mic'd Up - YouTube

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, the QB is an important spot but there a bunch of other players out there and then not sure but maybe the coaching staff has some kind of leadership/inspiration role in this. There are born leaders and there are winners in all walks of life and some are not.

Bidden is not one and then he is not surrounded with any winners to cover.

Brady is one with his supporting staff. However, he made sure the guy got his million dollars without the coaching staff help. The Viking's wide receiver, maybe if that is what leadership role is about. In the end Rudy got it. Yes, the QB is an important role for many reasons including leadership but there is a team of many. Not just one. NDSU, why nine of them? Maybe the fans had a role in that.

Wentz, i do not know as i am not there, i only see what the team has done. DB-2

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carson definitely needs to make better decisions and play better there's no doubt about that but the rest of the team didn't show up the last 2 games either. They have like 7 pro bowlers on their roster and not one of them made a standout play the last game. The QB always gets the most praise and criticism which is understandable but FB is the ultimate team sport and if 1 guy doesn't do their job it's very difficult to be successful. Carson has one more year as Indy's starter simply due to his contract but it'll be his last if he doesn't show improvement in his decision making on the field. If he's not a starter he will retire, as he's already said he doesn't want to be a backup. Either way not many people can say they were even a mediocre NFL QB. There's only 32 starting NFL QB's and to think a ND kid is one of them is pretty incredible. He's made plenty of money and has set him and his family up for life. I'd retire and just hunt too!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How much money did he make playing pro football?

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember back when I was in middle school and went to a Dakota Wizards game. Some fat middle age guy was ripping on a washed up NBA player from the other team. Finally while the dude was along the sidelines to take the ball out he looked back at fatso and said “I’m worth 10 million dollars, who the fuck are you.” That story seemed appropriate here.

Last edited:

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Article on Carson's future today wasn't good. Coach Franky and the GM are not happy with his performance this year. I can see the Vikings getting in line for him as I type :cool:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since start of his NFL adventure till his future contract ends in 2025 he is paid or guaranteed around 160 million not bad, plus endorsements too. He does need to get it together for the sake of the team. Ever watch Wentz outdoors? Pops, brother and Carson shoot shotguns bad, but living the dream. I have known him since high school, college and now in hunting very nice people.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's not Rogers or Brady but he'll be in the NFL as long as he wants to as long as his body holds up. I'd see him being one who'd hang it up in a couple years to preserve his health. Not like he'll need any more money.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe he will invite me to his food plot if ask nicely. db

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hard to watch Wentz play in the NFL, just doesn’t have the luck anymore and plays like a Viking.

Besides that he is one of the only players in the NFL that I would want my kid to look up to and I want to see him be successful. He is an outdoorsman and an athlete that I want my kids to embody when they get big. I hope he spends his millions wisely and is set for the rest of his life. Can you imagine living the hunting and fishing outdoors dream the rest of your life when you retire in your 30’s? I wonder where he will end up with so many options but land is cheap in Nodak compared to TX and other big states. Even shit land in WY is more expensive.

And I’m a Sioux fan……

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently Wentz isn't the only QB who makes some horrible decisions............cough kyler murray cough

The "midget" was in way over his head last night. Looked like a deer in the headlights.
When you watch him play there is absolutely no fire in him. Doesn't try to fire up the team either. Seems like he is half loaded when he plays.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75