Trouble with Pentax Binocular Warranty

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Took my Pentax binoculars out to check them out late summer.....one side was nice and clear the other side was all goofed up....did some research on internet and found they had lifetime warranty .....paid the $19.95 to take care of basically shipping when they finished with them...I paid for the shipping to get them there....hadn't heard anything on them so after a month I call and they tell me I needed to send in a letter acknowledging that I was only owner and sign my name ( did all this when I sent them, plus they had my phone number and E mail address to contact me if any issues)....so I send letter and follow the progress on their web site....so I call again and they have letter so they will send them off to get fixed.....called last week and they couldn't answer why or where they were....they said they'd call back to inform me of progress...NO CALL....following progress on internet says they were fixed and out for shipment on Oct. 11......so I call today to see why I have not received a tracking number.....gal tells me they are still in factory to be fixed.....asked to talk to a supervisor and she said I'll have one call....no call to this point...very frustrating...I have asked the just give me $20 back and they can throw the binoculars away....they won't do that....I know this long but I'm very frustrated.......needless to say nothing involving Pentax will be purchased by me again....ANYONE else have any dealings with this company??????

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
needless to say nothing involving Pentax will be purchased by me again....ANYONE else have any dealings with this company??????

Never with Pentax (never owned any), but in your search for a replacement set, avoid Nikon or you'll be sitting in the same boat regarding customer service/warrantee issues. I realized I didn't answer your original question, just trying to save you a similar headache in the future.

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
So just called back wondering why manager hasn't called....she put me on hold...came back and said he would call in a bit as he was busy.....told her I would not hang up until I talked to him as he had time to answer her.....she put me on hold again....comes back and tells me she would transfer me to him....so I get him and tell him all I have been getting is the run around.....told him their tracking progress tells me it's out of repair....told me that just meant it was shipped to repair shop....started getting more upset....told me they'd put rush on getting it to factory for repair....told him there goes the run around again as you just told me it was at the factory......told me it would be repaired within 3 days....gave me his phone number....told him I'd live with that but want E Mail updates and if don't here anything in two days the phone would be ringing and I wouldn't be very understanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a run around. But they have taken very good care of me in the past, if that's any consolation. What model?

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's no excuse for a company to give its customer the run around, period. Just says lots about the company not wanting to take care of its customers, good way to go belly up. If they gave you that much run around, they don't know shit and shouldn't be in business.

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a run around. But they have taken very good care of me in the past, if that's any consolation. What model?

BINO 8X42 DCF HR
They are nice binoculars ....we'll see what happens next couple of days....think they want to be done with me....

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had a similar experience with Nikon about 15 years ago. However, once they were fixed and back in my possession I have had no issues since then. No further repairs needed. One time customer service was slow but the longevity of the binoculars has been very good so not sure I should complain. That said, if I ever buy another pair I'll seriously consider Swarovskis. Expensive but the ones I have looked through are "Oh so clear."

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have new swaros, but when I compare them to the ED Pentax there is very little difference. That's with most Asian high end glass to tell you the truth..

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a similar experience a couple months ago. Sent my Pentax 10 x 43 DCF SP's in for cleaning and inspection, close to 10 yrs old so I figured they could use a tune-up. Filled out the said paperwork, included everything they required when I sent them in. Was told 4-6 week turnaround, which I was fine with. Over a month went by, I checked the status of my product , showed the day received and out of repair the next day. I called an questioned where the binos were, they told me they get sent to a third party for the actual repair. The following week or so later, was leaving for work at dark in the AM, noticed a package on my front steps, low and behold , my binos. Never received any tracking info of any kind, not very happy with Pentax for that, but I believe that is out of their control. Sure hope I never need to send them in for any actual warranty repair, they are great binos an never had any issues with them, but their repair services are very suspect...

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 8.41.01 PM.png

This is what they show as an update on my binoculars.......then today they tell me they hadn't been touched.....very poor appreciation for the customer....have gotten nothing but the run around

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not saying Nikon is is the best optic out there but a different custom service story from the above 2 post I had a spotter go bad sent it in and had a new one in less than a month and they even called me twice to keep me up to speed. A lot of warranty is filling out everything they need you to fill out right.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have new swaros, but when I compare them to the ED Pentax there is very little difference. That's with most Asian high end glass to tell you the truth..

I find the Swarovski really shine when taking videos and pics.

Founding Member
Founding Member
And that they do enslow, my 80 HD spotter will be hard to replace. But I see a BTX in my near future. ;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66