UND fighting Sioux mens hockey

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, after not going to a game last year, it was fun going to the Ralph for last nights game. :;:rockit although UND lost in the second overtime. They seem like they can’t put a whole game together. Oh well maybe tonight.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was a fun game to watch tonight 1993D9F0-3451-4092-B942-8D64C842D5CA.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I subscribed to NCHC tv on roku so have watched almost all the games this year but in February the dirty buggers have only had 2nd game of the weekend series broadcasted live , I try to hide my eyes of the score and watch a video of the game but you ruined it. haha Noo thanks for the report , I watch too much hockey anyway so the highlights on NCHC is all I need for my fix.

I have been enjoying High School State tournament hockey , The game at that level has came a long ways in my lifetime. So many of those kids look like they are ready to step up to the next level compared to just a few years ago where there were just few standouts in the whole state.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
WE beat #3 UMD tonight with a well played game 4-1. Our two main goalies are out with injuries. To have this team pull together to get the Bulldogs tonight was exciting. What's not exciting is the mountain they have to climb to get into the 16 team tourney. I think the will have to win the NCHC tourney in Mpls to make it. They are capable, just not sure with all the injuries. we'll see.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well let's get this thread dusted off....Is it Bub's last year if this team under performs again? I think it has to be.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bub or Bubba Schweigert is the Football Coach. The Hockey Coach is Brad Berry. He signed a new 5 year contract in May of 2018 and the AD was happy to get him resigned for 5 years. He had only completed 3 years of his first 5 year contract, so I think that UND wants to keep him.

I'm in GF with wife and other family members for both games today and am looking forward to them. Looks like the tailgating will be a wash out for Homecoming, but since football isn't in Memorial Stadium any more the game should be enjoyable. Cannot wait to see the new look in the Ralph.

Go SIOUX! (Football and Hockey)

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bub or Bubba Schweigert is the Football Coach. The Hockey Coach is Brad Berry. He signed a new 5 year contract in May of 2018 and the AD was happy to get him resigned for 5 years. He had only completed 3 years of his first 5 year contract, so I think that UND wants to keep him.

I'm in GF with wife and other family members for both games today and am looking forward to them. Looks like the tailgating will be a wash out for Homecoming, but since football isn't in Memorial Stadium any more the game should be enjoyable. Cannot wait to see the new look in the Ralph.

Go SIOUX! (Football and Hockey)

Trust me I know who the coaches are....Brad Berry's nick name is Bubs.

2016 championship team was Hak's team and there is a lot of pressure on Bubs to get this team going in the right direction.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sioux won them both but the football wasn't easy.

IMG_2351.jpg

Hockey was easy. Manitoba scored first on a power play but most of the game was played in their end.

IMG_2354.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
How 'bout 'dem SIOUX! 5-0 over Canisius, shot attempts 75-14 and SOG 40-11 for UND. Tomorrow should be a repeat . Puck drops at 7:07pm at The Ralph.

UND beats Canisius 8-1 on Saturday. Canisius scores first just like last weekend against Manitoba and played well against UND in the first period. UND took over in the second and scored 3 and then scored 5 in the third to sweep Canisius. SOG were 37-12 for UND.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about the goalie for them that got cut in the neck by Kawaguchi's skate in the second period. Scarey. Thank God it was a shallow cut. 6-8" long cut. And he comes out and starts the third period. Ballsy. but then he got lit up.

I like what I see so far for the Sioux. Averaging 6 goals a game compared to whatever it was last year.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about the goalie for them that got cut in the neck by Kawaguchi's skate in the second period. Scarey. Thank God it was a shallow cut. 6-8" long cut. And he comes out and starts the third period. Ballsy. but then he got lit up.

I like what I see so far for the Sioux. Averaging 6 goals a game compared to whatever it was last year.

Same thing happened in Buffalo last January:

That’s how Canisius athletic trainer Mike Ziemer described the situation in early January at Harborcenter in Buffalo, N.Y.

During a game against North Dakota in the early days of 2019, Griffs junior defender Matt Stief was cut in the throat by an errant skate. Stief collided with North Dakota’s Jordan Kawaguchi in the corner; as Kawaguchi fell, his skate came up and caught Stief, narrowly missing Stief's jugular vein and carotid artery. Luckily, a matter of inches made all the difference for Stief — in a good way. Stief was eventually transported to a local hospital, where he received about 40 stitches and was released that night.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same thing happened in Buffalo last January:

That’s how Canisius athletic trainer Mike Ziemer described the situation in early January at Harborcenter in Buffalo, N.Y.

During a game against North Dakota in the early days of 2019, Griffs junior defender Matt Stief was cut in the throat by an errant skate. Stief collided with North Dakota’s Jordan Kawaguchi in the corner; as Kawaguchi fell, his skate came up and caught Stief, narrowly missing Stief's jugular vein and carotid artery. Luckily, a matter of inches made all the difference for Stief — in a good way. Stief was eventually transported to a local hospital, where he received about 40 stitches and was released that night.

Wait, so the same skater cut the neck of the same goalie???? Call Joe Rogan, this needs to get some wheels, lol, jk

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
They played very well this weekend at home against a unranked team, good start over last year. This coming week will tell me a lot, on the road against a highly ranked opponent. Will see if they have overcome many of last years weaknesses, or a typical Berry team. Go SIOUX

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
They played very well this weekend at home against a unranked team, good start over last year. This coming week will tell me a lot, on the road against a highly ranked opponent. Will see if they have overcome many of last years weaknesses, or a typical Berry team. Go SIOUX

I think most D1 college hockey schools would be happy to have a typical Berry team that wins the National Championship 25% of the time. UND has just been SO GOOD that if they do not make the playoffs/Final 4/National Champs fans think the team is not good enough. I watch the SIOUX to see good college hockey. Winning is a bonus.

Bet you're no Vikings fan.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
North Dakotans have high expectations for all of their teams. Winning seasons are not good enough and they expect deep playoff runs every year. Are we lucky the Sioux don’t have losing seasons very often ? Yes

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tonight #16 UND vs #2 Minn Mankato in Mankato:

Score tied 1-1 after 1.

UND up 4-3 after 2.

SOG after 2, UND 22, Minn M 17.

Tied 4-4 after 3. Non-conference game so one 5 minute OT. Game ended with 4-4 tie.

SOG 27-24 UND. Faceoffs won 47-26 Minn M.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would respond to this but after the democratic response to my opinion last week I have come to realize you are not allowed a opinion if it doesn't lip sink the poster before you.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone really care about little time college hockey with 60 teams and half don’t have scholarships? What a money pit . Maybe if they didn’t have hockey they could have a fb team . Bubba needs to go . 55-20 loss to Idaho stare is enough to get anyone fired

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74