UND fighting Sioux mens hockey

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone really care about little time college hockey with 60 teams and half don’t have scholarships? What a money pit . Maybe if they didn’t have hockey they could have a fb team . Bubba needs to go . 55-20 loss to Idaho stare is enough to get anyone fired

I agree with the Bubba comment but I would be willing to say the 102 former UND players that have played in the NHL do care about "little time" college hockey.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with the Bubba comment but I would be willing to say the 102 former UND players that have played in the NHL do care about "little time" college hockey.

My search shows 26 former UND football players have made it to the NFL and 36 former NDSU football players have made it to the NFL for a total of 62 players from both schools. So yeah, I too think that lots of people "really care about little time (D1) college hockey."

UND vs Minn Mankato is on the radio at 6:07 tonight on 100.3 "Cat Country." UND football is at SLO in CA at 7:05 on 96.1 "The Fox" and on Pluto.tv "Big Sky network."

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
My search shows 26 former UND football players have made it to the NFL and 36 former NDSU football players have made it to the NFL for a total of 62 players from both schools. So yeah, I too think that lots of people "really care about little time (D1) college hockey."

UND vs Minn Mankato is on the radio at 6:07 tonight on 100.3 "Cat Country." UND football is at SLO in CA at 7:05 on 96.1 "The Fox" and on Pluto.tv "Big Sky network."

I believe you can stream the hockey game on flohockey.com as well. at least you could last night. not sure why they aren't on NCHC.tv this weekend?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe you can stream the hockey game on flohockey.com as well. at least you could last night. not sure why they aren't on NCHC.tv this weekend?

You can stream the hockey game on flohockey.com, but it is subscription only. For the $12.50 per month rate you have to sign up for a year, so $300. For a 1 month subscription it is $29.95, so I passed. My brother and a friend signed up for a month and they said the signal was good. I listened on 96.1 (I cannot get ND Insider to work on UND's website) and the radio is a minute or two behind actual action, so I was getting texts about what I was about to hear. Oh well.

NCHC.tv broadcasts every NCHC conference game but not every non-conference game that a NCHC school plays in. I do not know their selection process.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone really care about little time college hockey with 60 teams and half don’t have scholarships? What a money pit . Maybe if they didn’t have hockey they could have a fb team . Bubba needs to go . 55-20 loss to Idaho stare is enough to get anyone fired

They don't care anymore about FCS football. I'd rather beat Michigan, Boston University, Notre Dame, Boston College or Wisconsin to win a national championship than Sam Huston State or Incarnate Word...who ever the eff they are.

- - - Updated - - -

You can stream the hockey game on flohockey.com, but it is subscription only. For the $12.50 per month rate you have to sign up for a year, so $300. For a 1 month subscription it is $29.95, so I passed. My brother and a friend signed up for a month and they said the signal was good. I listened on 96.1 (I cannot get ND Insider to work on UND's website) and the radio is a minute or two behind actual action, so I was getting texts about what I was about to hear. Oh well.

NCHC.tv broadcasts every NCHC conference game but not every non-conference game that a NCHC school plays in. I do not know their selection process.

Guys I talked to said the streaming capacity of was not there compared to NCHC.TV and the stream kept buffering. I saved my money and listened to Hennessy.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys I talked to said the streaming capacity of was not there compared to NCHC.TV and the stream kept buffering. I saved my money and listened to Hennessy.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought too, save the money. Then my bro said when you put up $30 against what we pay to fly from SFO to GF, book a room for 3 nights, buy meals and drinks, the $30 was cheap. Hell, I pay more than $15 a night at the games for 2 drinks. (Of course I had more than 2 drinks at home last night!!!) Wish I'd spent the $$$ now, but too cheap to spend $30 for one game.

Last edited by a moderator:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
After one period:

UND 1 U Minn Mankato 0
SOG 10-10
Faceoff's won UMM 13. UND 5

After second period:

UND 1 UMM 1
SOG 21-19 UND
Faceoff's won UMM 24 UND 10

Listened to T Hennessy during pregame. He talked to the UND Faceoff Coach after last night's game about UND's face-off performance or lack thereof. The coach said that the NCHC refs are much tighter on face-off violations than the WCHA refs. As a result the UM Mankato players are taking advantage of things in the face-off circle that they know that they can get away with. And I think this is right - he also said that two consecutive violations (players thrown out of the face-off circle) constitutes an automatic penalty call and refs do not like to call that penalty, so the Mankato players know that they can get away with almost anything if they are the second player in the face-off circle. Anyone else hear this in the pregame broadcast???

UND beats Cal Poly SLO 30-26 in Fball!

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
After one period:

UND 1 U Minn Mankato 0
SOG 10-10
Faceoff's won UMM 13. UND 5

Listened to T Hennessy during pregame. He talked to the UND Faceoff Coach after last night's game about UND's face-off performance or lack thereof. The coach said that the NCHC refs are much tighter on face-off violations than the WCHA refs. As a result the UM Mankato players are taking advantage of things in the face-off circle that they know that they can get away with. And I think this is right - he also said that two consecutive violations (players thrown out of the face-off circle) constitutes an automatic penalty call and refs do not like to call that penalty, so the Mankato players know that they can get away with almost anything if they are the second player in the face-off circle. Anyone else hear this in the pregame broadcast???

I missed the pregame but thats interesting. I was surprised when I saw that stat for sure. Hope they can keep pushing and grab a W.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't care anymore about FCS football. I'd rather beat Michigan, Boston University, Notre Dame, Boston College or Wisconsin to win a national championship than Sam Huston State or Incarnate Word...who ever the eff they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I talked to said the streaming capacity of was not there compared to NCHC.TV and the stream kept buffering. I saved my money and listened to Hennessy.
Lol you forgot about those other juggernauts like Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Rochester Institute of Technology.

Didn't Union College win a championship in hockey? If they can do it anyone can. ;:;rofl

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lol you forgot about those other juggernauts like Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Rochester Institute of Technology.

Didn't Union College win a championship in hockey? If they can do it anyone can. ;:;rofl

Lets not forget about other powerhouse schools like Providence, Wofford, and Duluth. UAA just moved their home games to Wells Fargo Arena - a whopping 800 person venue. They’ll be lucky to sell half those tickets.

I can can only imagine when schools like Boston College are trying to prove their relevance in the ACC by bringing up hockey that teams like Duke, Clemson, Florida State, and everyone else in the conference laughs in their face and says “good luck beating North Dakota in your hockey match, didn’t know they had two schools up there.”

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND drops her 2-1 tonight. Not a bad weekend against #2 so maybe we know a little better about where we are at after this weekend.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets not forget about other powerhouse schools like Providence, Wofford, and Duluth. UAA just moved their home games to Wells Fargo Arena - a whopping 800 person venue. They’ll be lucky to sell half those tickets.

I can can only imagine when schools like Boston College are trying to prove their relevance in the ACC by bringing up hockey that teams like Duke, Clemson, Florida State, and everyone else in the conference laughs in their face and says “good luck beating North Dakota in your hockey match, didn’t know they had two schools up there.”

Can you imagine the recruiting difficulties the 2 Alaska schools have. Probably a minimum of a 5-6 hour flight if they are playing a Colorado school, Denver, CC and Air Force - all a 3 hour time change. If they play a WCHA conference game in Central time it is a 4 hour time change and an ET team is a 5 hour time change. This is very tough on players. They end up playing games at 2 to 4 o'clock on their body's clock. Not to say the cost of these games and the difficulties of getting teams to make the trip to Alaska to play games at 10 pm to 12 midnight on their players body clocks. Not too sure how long the Alaska schools will be able to fund D1 college hockey.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

They sure did. I was there when they beat Minnesota. The game was at Wells Fargo arena in Philadelphia, which is where the Flyers play. College hockey championships are played in NHL arenas, fcs championships are played on a soccer field in frisco, Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not forget about other powerhouse schools like Providence, Wofford, and Duluth.”

Wofford doesn’t have a D1 hockey program. They do play fcs football though.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

Duluth IS a powerhouse college D1 hockey school and is the 2 time defending NCAA National Champs. Their coach, Scott Sandelin played hockey for UND from 1982 - 1986. I think his son is playing for UM Mankato. At least I think they mentioned a player named Sandelin during tonight's game.

Don't underrate D1 college hockey schools just because they do not have 30,000 students on campus, and do not think that the big time college football schools would not like to have a powerhouse hockey team. Look at the big 10 schools. If a college team can bring in revenue, the school wants to have the sport. There just are not as many GOOD hockey players as there are good football/basketball players to go around.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They sure did. I was there when they beat Minnesota. The game was at Wells Fargo arena in Philadelphia, which is where the Flyers play. College hockey championships are played in NHL arenas, fcs championships are played on a soccer field in frisco, Texas.
Big woop, nobody cares, the ratings prove that.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think that that is part of the thrill of D1 college hockey ... any one of the schools in a good season has a chance of a NATIONAL Championship.

Tell me an FCS school that will ever beat one of these last 18 FBS National Championship teams for the D1 National Championship football title.

2018Clemson
2017Alabama
2016Clemson
2015Alabama
2014Ohio State
2013Florida State
2012Alabama
2011Alabama
2010Auburn
2009Alabama
2008Florida
2007Louisiana State
2006Florida
2005Texas
2004Southern California
2003Louisiana State, Southern California
2002Ohio State
2001Miami (Fla.)

ps: there are 130 D1 college football teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) and 125 D1 college football teams in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).

What a crock ... FBS and FCS instead of DI and DII. HA, HA, HA. Let's give the DII schools additional stature and put them in a subdivision of DI football.

When we were in our OWN Division (DII) at least we had a REAL Division champ! Now we are just a subdivision of the real DI college football teams. NOBODY thinks we are really DI football schools IMHO.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big woop, nobody cares, the ratings prove that.

Thank you for letting me know that nobody cares about college hockey. I had no idea. From now on I will never watch another game again. I’d rather just watch whatever is the most popular so I can fit in. :::

You seem to know a few things about college hockey, clicked on a thread about it, read the posts and made a few posts of your own. Guess you must be a nobody too. Welcome!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that that is part of the thrill of D1 college hockey ... any one of the schools in a good season has a chance of a NATIONAL Championship.

Tell me an FCS school that will ever beat one of these last 18 FBS National Championship teams for the D1 National Championship football title.

2018Clemson
2017Alabama
2016Clemson
2015Alabama
2014Ohio State
2013Florida State
2012Alabama
2011Alabama
2010Auburn
2009Alabama
2008Florida
2007Louisiana State
2006Florida
2005Texas
2004Southern California
2003Louisiana State, Southern California
2002Ohio State
2001Miami (Fla.)

ps: there are 130 D1 college football teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) and 125 D1 college football teams in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).

What a crock ... FBS and FCS instead of DI and DII. HA, HA, HA. Let's give the DII schools additional stature and put them in a subdivision of DI football.

When we were in our OWN Division (DII) at least we had a REAL Division champ! Now we are just a subdivision of the real DI college football teams. NOBODY thinks we are really DI football schools IMHO.

Thank you for letting me know that nobody cares about college hockey. I had no idea. From now on I will never watch another game again. I’d rather just watch whatever is the most popular so I can fit in. :::

You seem to know a few things about college hockey, clicked on a thread about it, read the posts and made a few posts of your own. Guess you must be a nobody too. Welcome!
I didn't bring up football or FCS. Funny how UND hockey fans like to bash FCS knowing full well they are bashing their own school and football program at the same time. Why don't they drop football altogether, it's obvious the only sport they care about is hockey.

Just sick of UND hockey fans thinking they are something special when they are not. They play a nich sport among 60 other schools some of which are D2 and D3. They sold their souls to a Nazi sympathizer but hey they have the best college hockey facility in the world. For as much money as they spend on it they should be embarrassed they are not in the championship every year!

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
e09b713eaeb6f8b0676219409e78b58c5d0109c54ed5e6a18c5a83e8488debde.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102