UND fighting Sioux mens hockey

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta say, I miss the good old WCHA days. Seeing Minnesota at 37th or whatever is pathetic.

I'll preface this by saying I HATE the Gophers. It's a deep hatred. I think any true Sioux fan feels the same way.

But they don't even have a program any more. Can't keep fans in the seats. And now they're starting the year at 4-6-2?? They've been a .500 team since the 2013-14 year, and it doesn't really feel like that'll change anytime soon.

I dunno...for as much as I can't stand them, I also can't stand to see them like this.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta say, I miss the good old WCHA days. Seeing Minnesota at 37th or whatever is pathetic.

I'll preface this by saying I HATE the Gophers. It's a deep hatred. I think any true Sioux fan feels the same way.

But they don't even have a program any more. Can't keep fans in the seats. And now they're starting the year at 4-6-2?? They've been a .500 team since the 2013-14 year, and it doesn't really feel like that'll change anytime soon.

I dunno...for as much as I can't stand them, I also can't stand to see them like this.

the old WCHA was a great conference however the way the NCAA and pairwise shake out, the NCHC is now by far the BEST conference in College Hockey, as a fan I would be ecstatic if ASU joined it. One of the best things about being a UND hockey fan is traveling to away games ... and an AZ trip in January to watch them play would be awesome

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how are the Fighting Hawks doing this year?? Go HAWKS!!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I talked to a hockey fan from AZ this weekend, sounds like that is most likely where they will end up, seems like the biggest delay is funding for their own arena
I don’t think the NCHC wants to expand. Arizona State wants in the Big Ten or to create a PAC 12 conference one day. Now with St Thomas going D1 that gives the NCHC a choice of three teams IF they want to expand. Mankato, ASU, and St Thomas($$$$MN market)

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think the NCHC wants to expand. Arizona State wants in the Big Ten or to create a PAC 12 conference one day. Now with St Thomas going D1 that gives the NCHC a choice of three teams IF they want to expand. Mankato, ASU, and St Thomas($$$$MN market)

They want in the NCHC and the NCHC wants them...as they will quickly turn into a solid program and visiting fans want to go there in the winter. I think when ASU comes into the NCHC, Mankato will enter as well.

The NCHC wouldn't let them in initially because they didn't have a adequate arena to play in they could call their own.

There will need to be 6 - PAC 12 hockey teams to form a league at that level. Just like MN and WI when Penn State came on board for hockey, when that happens ASU will have to move to the PAC 12 also.

From AZ news article on the current status as of their arena........

ASU hockey, meanwhile, could begin playing in its on-campus arena, to be built adjacent to Wells Fargo Arena, in 2020-21. The Sun Devils will be going into their fourth varsity season in 2018-19 and third playing a full NCAA schedule. They remain independent, a status that Anderson believes is advantageous going into the new arena after two more seasons playing primarily at Oceanside Ice Arena.

cache.php
ASU hockey currently plays at Oceanside Ice Arena in Tempe, Ariz. (Photo: Patrick Breen/The Republic)

The National Collegiate Hockey Conference and the Western Collegiate Hockey Association are potential landing spots for ASU, more so than the Big Ten.
"We are keeping it completely open because as the stature of our program and the commitment we've made becomes very clear to folks in the hockey world, we've got a lot of folks advocating for us, even coveting us to be members of their conference," Anderson said. "Right now, we're a free agent and we like it that way because we're building up pretty good leverage."

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member

Our beloved game with the Goooophers is in two weeks at UM. Hate me some Gooophers too. love the matchup however.

Az playing in an arena right now that seats less than 1000 I think. If they build we will come!!

Hard to see our opponent this weekend at the BOTTOM of the NCHC....Bring on ST. Cloud!!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, UND plays U of M the first game on Thanksgiving. That will be different, but fun. Lots of switching back and forth between hockey and football.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND up 1-0 after first period. UND outshot St. Cloud 9-6. Picked up an HDMI cord so can stream laptop to tv.

IMG_2460.jpg

3-2 UND after 2. UND outshooting SCS 19-15.

4-2 final.

Last edited:

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is some chemistry on this team, really fun to watch. Good things to come. Just need beat the chokers next weekend.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND gets a "win" in the 5 on 5 OT 2-1. In NCHC if you win in regulation or the 5 on 5 OT it goes into the books as a win. If you score in the 3 on 3 OT or in the shoot-out it goes into the books as a tie, but the "winning" team gets 2 NCHC conference points and their opponent gets 1. UND gets all 6 conference points this weekend.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like him or not. Congratulations to Brad Berry. Winner of his 100th game in coaching at UND. 100- 53 -21 in his 5th season at UND. Keep 'em coming.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow I didn't realize how bad the und is doing this year, not even ranked I don't think I have ever heard of that.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow I didn't realize how bad the und is doing this year, not even ranked I don't think I have ever heard of that.
Yeah they have not had the best defense this year. They do have the best power play in the country and 3 hobey baker nominees. They can still make the national tournament if they win the NCHC frozen face off

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
They suck this year....doubt that they could keep up with most ND high school teams. Warroad would take it to them for sure. "That otta get'em going" (HB)

Honkerslayr

They suck this year....doubt that they could keep up with most ND high school teams. Warroad would take it to them for sure. "That otta get'em going" (HB)
You sound like one of those NDSU football fans that say they should play ‘bama or georgia(thinking they’d win).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76