'sconi pheasant hunter gets nose stitches

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
:eek:?

FORESTBURG, S.D. (AP) -
A Wisconsin man survived being shot in the nose while pheasant-hunting in South Dakota.

South Dakota's Department of Game, Fish and Parks says the 73-year-old man was shot in the left nostril by another hunter in his group on Sunday afternoon on private land near Forestburg.

The Daily Republic reports that the man was taken to a Mitchell hospital. He received stitches and was discharged that evening.

Authorities didn't release the man's name.

- - - Updated - - -

and people laugh at my orange coveralls when I pheasant hunt

who's laughing now?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
:eek:?

FORESTBURG, S.D. (AP) -
A Wisconsin man survived being shot in the nose while pheasant-hunting in South Dakota.

South Dakota's Department of Game, Fish and Parks says the 73-year-old man was shot in the left nostril by another hunter in his group on Sunday afternoon on private land near Forestburg.

The Daily Republic reports that the man was taken to a Mitchell hospital. He received stitches and was discharged that evening.

Authorities didn't release the man's name.

- - - Updated - - -

and people laugh at my orange coveralls when I pheasant hunt

who's laughing now?

the sconis are pumping even more money in to the economy here.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep i always have orange on my head and vest for this reason. I want to be very visible to everybody swinging on birds! Sconis do love orange though so maybe that wasnt the issue.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
F the orange, cammo out so they can't see you, safer that way, especially around sconies

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I read the title I was sure I was going to read about some well-deserving 'Sconi who got his ass kicked for trespassing and/or poaching.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was just serving notice of his intolerance for lazy hunting partners. Quite the incentive program he's got going on.

Several years ago, a group of friends were hunting with a guy from Florida. Story has it that he couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a snow shovel. After numerous missed shots and tons of ribbing by the rest of the party, he hauled off and hit one of the guys in the mouth with his shotgun. The guy required emergency surgery and probably lost some teeth. Be careful who you are riding out there.

qb9futurehof

Too be honest, Im not sure how you can get shot to the point where you need stitches in the face, but overall are just fine.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
single grazing high velocity bb

- - - Updated - - -

i.e. Flirtin with Disaster (eye, carotid, etc)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76