Ice fishing boots

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody ever try the G3 Guide Pull-on boots, by Simms? Too much money, but boy do they look nice. 7 mm neoprene uppers with waffle fleece inside...

Anyone?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will let the best kept secret out of the bag. Best ice fishing boots ever. I just wear my 800 gram Danners and slid these over when I get to the lake. When I am done I just slip them off. No hassles with having to change shoes in the cold to head to the local tavern for milk and cookies. There studded so running after tip-ups there are no worries about slipping or no awkward stances trying to get traction when drilling holes. There big enough on the top side to tuck your coveralls into so you don't have to worry about doing the splits so your pants don't get wet when pulling the auger and slush out of the hole. The only bad part is if you plan on fishing in someone's house that has carpet, the studs will destroy it and or a plastic floor of those suitcase style houses. But they are so easy to slip on and off that it's no big deal to do so if you find yourself in that situation. Did I mention they are fleece lined, adding another layer of warmth.
http://chetsshoes.com/snowgear-studded-fleecelined-zipper-traction-overshoe-17
http://chetsshoes.com/snowgear-studded-fleecelined-overshoe-traction-overshoe-49

FB_IMG_1572035021084.jpg

Cannot recommend these highly enough.

anybody carry them at brick/mortar? (for sizing)

Their website says to order the same size as your work boots. So if you wear a size 10 you order these in size 10.

For you guys who have these is that your recommendation too?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was talked into these at the same sale. I have had them out three times so far and have been very happy. I like my mucks but after a day on the ice my feet hurt with these I don't get the sore feet.

I think I grabbed my pair about 10min after you after I found out that Striker didn't have theirs there or in the store again. My plan was to walk out with a pair of something and had 3 types including these on my potential list. How have you likes the studded insoles so far?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those Korkers look sweet. I just run the Muck Arctics

I was thinking about going to the Mucks after I beat my ice armors for 4yrs into retirement. Got a couple buddies with Lacrosse's and I was planning to replace with Striker or Muck but the deal on these were too good and feel more comfortable and have way better ankle support. V's studded slipons look like a good option as well.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I ended up buying a pair of baffins. They have the insert with the Omni heat type foil stuff in them. Very warm a little bulky but the payoff on keeping the feet warm when fishing directly on the ice is worth it. I know a lot of guys that fish with the foam mats under their feet but its just one less thing I have to pack in the sled for early ice. Later in the year I am in the permanent.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone wear muck attic pro steel toes? I want to pick up a pie for work and figure they could be used for both work and ice fishing. The steel toe pet worries me.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice boots

Artic Pro's are not very impressive to me. Purchased on recommendation from friend who fishes Winnepeg often.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boots and gloves are 2 items that are the hardest to recommend or buy via recommendation reliably. With boots, there's so much variability in how "comfort" is perceived by individuals. Throw in a good dose of the bajillion different socks and sock materials available and you've got a recipe for no recipe at all.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Arctic pros rated for -30 is really dumb though.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Arctic pros rated for -30 is really dumb though.

Dumb for whom? They don't work for you. I haven't been cold in mine unless I sweated them too wet. Boots and glove warmth are just very personal things.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two pairs of the arctic sport mucks for son and I, going on year 7. Cant think of better ice boots with yaktrax cleats. Use em for tree stand hunting too, great boots

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dumb for whom? They don't work for you. I haven't been cold in mine unless I sweated them too wet. Boots and glove warmth are just very personal things.

So you have proven them to work in -30?

- - - Updated - - -

I love the my muck boots but if you wear them in -30 you won’t do it twice.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you have proven them to work in -30?

- - - Updated - - -

I love the my muck boots but if you wear them in -30 you won’t do it twice.

I can't say that I've actually seen -30F ambient temp since I've owned my M/A's. I can say that I certainly haven't spent any amount of time outside in them at that temp. I can say that I haven't had a situation which was too cold for me to wear them, though I have made mistakes regarding putting them on in the car and sweating the boots and my socks wet which resulted in cold feet. Boots can't fix me making sweaty mistakes.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The mucks are awesome I just get cold feet easily haha. I love them for standing in the rivers in the spring.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114