Gator Giggin' Shack Accessory Advice...............

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
let me know when and where and I will help break it in...

yes a bar across the top to hang decoys from get the smallest bungees you can find ... this way you can slide them along the bar and if big fish hits decoy there's some give so line doesn't break

I would also consider using flex seal stuff inside and underneath helps preserve the wood...I did the bottom of mine and the inside makes a huge difference for icing up and slipperiness on the plywood...I rattle canned it but if I did it again I would use this
s-l225.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We've been in talks...

...you have my attention

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 5/8 inch plywood is a typo. It's actually that 5/16 or 1/4 inch stuff. I can yank it around myself pretty good, but wouldn't want to drag it very far. Really good stuff here guys. I've got some decoys being shipped to the house and then going to DM for painting so those I have to wait for. It's a dark house so the pin up girl will have to be a braille scratch and sniff. I think I have the stuff on hand to do almost everything else suggested. Thanks Fellas!!

Last edited:

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
KDM,
I use a small fishing bell for an alarm, that I connect to my decoy string when I get tired of staring into the hole. Works pretty good. I also have thought about rigging a mirror or two so I can give my back and neck a break from leaning over the hole. Just make sure to use it plenty and you will come up with all kinds of stuff to deck it out with. A good radio helps also.

Fish On!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
A do not disturb sign on the door so one of your buddies doesn't open the door as your about to stick a biggun

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
A nice little club hung close for when that wily muskrat decides to pop into your hut. That and dispatching gators.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shouldn't there be a "NO DOOKIES" sign on the outside, in case JohnR comes shuffling by, with his pants down and knees together?

- - - Updated - - -

We've been in talks...

I don't have much use for a DM decoy or two, but I surely would like to have a couple...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75