ND Bighorn Sheep

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dusty1.jpgDusty2.jpgDusty3.jpg

My cousin and great friend, Dusty Seamands, was lucky enough to draw for the once in a lifetime ND Bighorn Sheep tag. Note, this is only a few years after he was lucky enough to draw for and shoot a respectable ND Bull Elk.

He has been putting in the time the past few weekends, driving out to the Belfield/Medora area and scouting, walking, glassing and trying to find the ram that he wanted. With the recent storm on the horizon, he left for Dickinson for the pre-hunt meeting. Friday morning (opener) he was able to get up near this beautiful ND ram and made an excellent shot. Then the work began, as this ram was tending to some ewes straight up a sheer cliff on a small out-cropping.

They retrieved him and the NDGF biologist, Brett Weidmann, met up with them for some measurements. Sounds like it has the potential to be a new state record. Last year's beautiful ram, shot by Shawn Burns, had a green score was 175 & 7/8, settling in at 174 inches after the 60 day dry-down period. Dusty's had a green score at around 178, so we'll see where it lands in two months.

Congrats to him! Cheers to a great hunt and hard work paying off! To all the rest of the tag holders and to the rest of us who will be chasing deer these next few weeks: good luck, be safe, and have fun!

Eric

★★★★★ Legendary Member
WOW, that is one BIG son of a bitch!

Please tell your buddy congrats on a successful hunt and a beautiful ram.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lucky SOB! I could go to church everyday, twice on Sunday, donate my entire salary to needy children, spend all my off time helping the homeless, and i will still never get drawn for any of the big three, haha.

Good work! ;:;bowdown

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hard work pays off, what a beauty.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
20180705_172102.jpg

Check out the look on his face.

Thanks BDub! I was looking for this picture. You should put up a few more if you've got them. The whole story line of pictures like these is pretty great. Nice to have fellow hunters along for the once-in-a-lifetime experience.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truely magnificent! It's fantastic to see "Once in a Lifetime" taken to heart.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That first picture of the blue snow is just spectacular. Its hard to capture that color.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lucky SOB! I could go to church everyday, twice on Sunday, donate my entire salary to needy children, spend all my off time helping the homeless, and i will still never get drawn for any of the big three, haha.

Good work! ;:;bowdown

Same here. You can add a muzzle loader tag to that list too.

racksntails

Congratulations on the nice ram and thanks for the story to go with the pictures.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76