Buffalo Hunt

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
This past February my Bride drew a tag of a lifetime. She drew the Delta Bison tag...Alaska's most sought after tag with <1 percent draw odds. We were really looking forward to this hunt and I was jealous as shit of her!! Here are some pictures from our hunt;

Some of the country we would be hunting. It was a mix of private agricultural land and state land that F&G had enhanced for the Bison.

1OT6aqV.jpg

Our base camp. Even though we were lucky with the weather it sure was nice coming back to a heated cabin!

bAEhdYp.jpg

We saw lots of wildlife.

AgC0K14.jpg

qPpDWRO.jpg

Fp6t8FV.jpg

nlfTRWd.jpg

We weren't the only ones hunting.

kypKNGt.jpg

Saw plenty of buffalo but they were either on land we couldn't hunt or weary and we couldn't make anything happen.

AksSNL6.jpg

It's hard to miss the trail they leave behind.

lrNmEnK.jpg

Wallow.

BJ4IHUN.jpg

The Bride even got in some grouse action with the bow (5 total I think).

FMRR2aG.jpg

Last night everything finally lined up and she connected on a nice cow!! It was a tough hunt spanning 9 days over 2 trips. We be eating good this winter!!

KE1x3ZZ.jpg

She is going to make a purty mount and the Bride has already been giving me shit about her having the biggest mount now!!

Last edited:

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're not worthy of being on the same site as you!!!;:;bowdown wow!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
You get to do cooler stuff than me....keep the pics and stories coming. I had a short trip to the southern part of Alaska back in 2012 and that state really sticks with ya....would love to get back again someday

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very cool! They look different than our buffs; lighter color, thinner maybe, little smaller?

Guessing it's the pictures as they are plains bison and were transplanted from Montana. Maybe some slight differences based on locale?

- - - Updated - - -

You get to do cooler stuff than me....keep the pics and stories coming. I had a short trip to the southern part of Alaska back in 2012 and that state really sticks with ya....would love to get back again someday

I was bummed when I left North Dakota but sure got lucky with Alaska!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Silver Fox roadhouse cabins. I used to live right across the road, beautiful country there by sawmill creek. Good job on the buff !!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guessing it's the pictures as they are plains bison and were transplanted from Montana. Maybe some slight differences based on locale?

I was bummed when I left North Dakota but sure got lucky with Alaska!

Your wife has a funny name.

I'd say you lead a charmed life, not only in locations but in finding a great partner that enjoys the same activities!

That is a great job the two of you did on this one, a buffalo hunt has got to be a challenge.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It;s awesome to be married to someone that likes the outdoors and hunting as much as you do, isn't it? Sounds like you guys had a great 9 days hunting and seeing some great scenery together.

Please tell her congrats on the grouse and buffalo. Did she use a rifle or bow for the buffalo?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is awesome. Is that the area that Rinella wrote about in his book American Buffalo.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Making the most out of life, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Silver Fox roadhouse cabins. I used to live right across the road, beautiful country there by sawmill creek. Good job on the buff !!

Awesome! That is some pretty country down there.

- - - Updated - - -

Your wife has a funny name.

I'd say you lead a charmed life, not only in locations but in finding a great partner that enjoys the same activities!

That is a great job the two of you did on this one, a buffalo hunt has got to be a challenge.

Thanks Allen...It was a lot tougher hunt than I expected but well worth the trouble!

- - - Updated - - -

It;s awesome to be married to someone that likes the outdoors and hunting as much as you do, isn't it? Sounds like you guys had a great 9 days hunting and seeing some great scenery together.

Please tell her congrats on the grouse and buffalo. Did she use a rifle or bow for the buffalo?

I sure will 24! She opted for the rifle. While we were hoping she would get one with her bow, she made the decision to use the rifle. Between the tough hunt and winter finally showing up at the end of this week (temps dropping to -20 to -30) I think it was a good decision. Hell, either way, how many people can say they shot a wild buffalo?!

- - - Updated - - -

That is awesome. Is that the area that Rinella wrote about in his book American Buffalo.

Nope, this was a different area. Easier hunting conditions as well. I keep putting in for that tag though...would love to experience that country. I don't know if you saw on Rokslide or Instagram, but that's the area SLDMTN helped his brother get a bison earlier this fall.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone else!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya i saw that on their. That sounds like a super tough hunt in that area

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I, along with everyone else on this website, am jealous. Congrats to Mrs. Frosty and to you as well for a successful guide trip. You're living the life man.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77