What is this fish?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait a minute.........you mean non native fish raised in captivity could impact the ecosystem of wild fish if say a flood comes thru your back yard and carries them away?

Is there any govt agency monitoring these captive fish farms?

Do fish carry prion diseases like CWD?

Perhaps someone should start an initiated measure to ban captive raising of fish.

Perhaps one to ban baiting of fish as well.

There are a couple former Bison players that could collect signatures.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wait a minute.........you mean non native fish raised in captivity could impact the ecosystem of wild fish if say a flood comes thru your back yard and carries them away?

Is there any govt agency monitoring these captive fish farms?

Do fish carry prion diseases like CWD?

Perhaps someone should start an initiated measure to ban captive raising of fish.

Perhaps one to ban baiting of fish as well.

There are a couple former Bison players that could collect signatures.

Your attempts at humor fall very, very flat.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Your attempts at humor fall very, very flat.

Perhaps you have a hard time realizing the difference between humor or sarcasm? Or perhaps you simply fail to see the irony of someone that has posted for years about the dangers of captive raised species that raises captive non native fish posting in a thread about the dangers of non native fish to other species.

Either way the "humorous" thing is your opinion matters little to me. People that actually have met and know me have come to appreciate my sense of humor and request stories and jokes to be told.

Anyways I hope you can continue to find your humor in The Family Man or whatever adult cartoon your avatar comes from if you can not on here.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I think guywhoidentifiesfish got it right. This is a tilopia: thO9LU65JQ.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ain't quit ready to crown guywhoknowshisinvasivefish. But, he's done better than anyone else.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
::thinking:: My guess is, it is a DEAD fish!! ;:;boozer..................unless they practiced catch and release............................Sorry couldn't resist.:;:smokin

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
That luscious wavy tail tells me it's pet trade "goldfish" - a Prussian that's been bred to have "fantail".

2C23F49A-4149-43A7-BE97-66C1822A934A.jpeg

wild Prussian at bottom - Mr. Goldilocks at top.

That's no naturally selected tail.

- - - Updated - - -

it's actually a forward mouth - just like a goldfish

and that black dotted lateral line is a fantastic match

Black dotted lateral matches what? Do goldfish have that too? Prussian for sure have it.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1499.jpg

Prussian

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
094AAEA9-A137-4982-852E-C22296D3E25E.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

E2B1311B-5E89-413C-BC19-6998730C3E59.jpg

final guess

- - - Updated - - -

if you zoom in on pics of “wild goldfish” (carassius auratus) that haven’t been selectively bred they have that exact build, lateral line and color

the one the guy caught is that IMO... but with leftover pet trade genes expressing in the flowy tail

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears that the knot has been unraveled.

Getting back to fresh-water aquarium fish, the class known as cichlids are known for their aggression. I'm not advocating new species introduction, but if anybody has seen a large Jack Dempsey, oh boy... If it could grow to beyond 12 inches, I'd think twice about swimming in that body of water. They'd be a hoot to target for catch and release. And the males have pretty coloring too.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Perhaps you have a hard time realizing the difference between humor or sarcasm? Or perhaps you simply fail to see the irony of someone that has posted for years about the dangers of captive raised species that raises captive non native fish posting in a thread about the dangers of non native fish to other species.

Either way the "humorous" thing is your opinion matters little to me. People that actually have met and know me have come to appreciate my sense of humor and request stories and jokes to be told.

Anyways I hope you can continue to find your humor in The Family Man or whatever adult cartoon your avatar comes from if you can not on here.

thats the point. it's actually the most obvious joke ever. so obvious in fact it doesn't need to be said or typed. everyone on hear reads it and shakes their head and moves on (low hanging fruit ya know). but here comes gst ready to make our internet day with a little jabby joke that everyone on this site already thought of but doesn't say because it's too easy. golf clap for effort

- - - Updated - - -

pg talking about invasives while owning invasives in his backyard is lol funny tho

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
pg talking about invasives while owning invasives in his backyard is lol funny tho
Well pheasants and zebra mussels are different types of invasives. Most of us on here are invasives. Apples are ok invasives, but leafy spurge not so much.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm not sure what it is, but I think KDM is already on the decoy/lure look alike. LolPC090005.jpg

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Well pheasants and zebra mussels are different types of invasives. Most of us on here are invasives. Apples are ok invasives, but leafy spurge not so much.

Sounding a bit like the DAPL protester..........

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
guywhogrindshisaxe..........how much is even left on yours before you're into the handle? :)

- - - Updated - - -

For the record was just listening to a one year later recap of the protest on the radio yesterday and thought that comment was kind of humorous. But then my sense of humor isn;t what you adult cartoon watchers find amusing so.........

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 57