Crossbow

Huntin1

Established Member
Well, Back in Oct. Dunhams here in Jamestown had the Sniper 370 at $225 with a $25 factory rebate making it $200. At that price I couldn't pass it up. So now I have a Sniper and a Carbon Express. I guess having a spare isn't a bad thing.

jtl1985

Founding Member
Founding Member
ten point wicked ridge invader works great. low priced and accurate. crank system is nice, has a safety incase the crank slips off so it can't spring out on you. another safety for if you arrow isn't quite all the way back it won't fire. shoots great with the grim reaper mechanical broad heads.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huntin1 I wish you had not showed me that Sig P365 I'm flat ass broke again. Picked up the Carbon Express Pile Driver 390 Wednesday, and ordered the Sig P365 yesterday. My shoulder has become so bad I can just barely crank the Pile Drive, but it shoots good.

Huntin1

Established Member
We should have taken the time to shoot it a bit when we were hunting, you're gonna like it. Those 6" metal plates at the range, 8 hits out of a 10 round mag at 50 yards, did it three times in a row, then one of the other guys out there tried it and did the same thing. He ordered one too.

That pile driver looks like a nice bow, wish I had that one instead of the Advantex, I really like my Sniper too, but would be nice to have one with a crank.

Had a small buck at 30 yards yesterday out at Pipestem, just wouldn't give me a shot. I think I'll go out again this evening and try again.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is from the NDGF proclamation Crossbows are not legal, except with a permit from the North Dakota Game and Fish Department Director. Is the crossbow only able to be used during rifle season or can it be used during any season for hunting deer.

Also the old man keeps insisting that the new proclamation has changed its requirements for baiting deer on private property, he says that a person must get permission from the land owner before bait can be used. I have looked at the proclamation but have not read any such rule.

https://gf.nd.gov/gnf/regulations/docs/deer/proc-deer-2021.pdf

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since the proclamation discusses cross bow requirement under both the archery and the rifle section, it stands to reason that it is legal for both. Only requirement is that you have to have the proper tag for that season, I believe what you said about needing landowner permission to bait on private land is required but I can't find any dialog to support it. Maybe should talk to NDGF game warden.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
wasn't the original use of the crossbow to used exclusively during rifle season when did they change it

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
It changed when all of the retails stores change 1/2 of their parking spots to handicapped!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75