Last weekend for roosters

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Karl in Walcott does a good job - Ivy League Dog Trainers. Builds a good base for obedience, bird and gun intro, etc. He will still need to work with the dog a few times per week but this is a really good start.

I took our Vizsla there when she was about 6 months old. She's a pretty damn good dog in the field. After not getting out much this year, I'm going to send her there again, just to freshen up. Super affordable as well.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got skunked for the first time that I can recall we've gone out. I took a shot each to two roosters that were either half-way behind my stance, or at the end of decent range. Neither shot connected and I was birdless on the day. My two buddies were the same. I think we had 8 total shots and didn't find the bird congregated until the end of the day. On a good point, there were many hens in that final bunch that makes next year's brood hopeful. (*crossing fingers, knocking on wood, scratching the roof of cab, etc.)

I cleaned up the two shotguns on Sunday while in my recliner and the fireplace going. After five miles of walking cattails it was good to rest the hip flexor muscles.

My dog is now looking forward to soft water fishing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75