Getting old when

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know you are old when you speed because you don’t want to forget where you’re going

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you sneeze and throw your back out.

when you remember gas was under a $1...early high school for me.

when you don’t jump out of the of box of your pickup but slowly and carefully climb down.

when you had to turn the channels on the tv with a knob.

When your first vehicle didn’t have power steering much less power anything else...1975 Chevy Luv.

When a night of partying means you’re still in bed by 10 pm.

When you look at a cute girl and think you’re old enough to be her dad more so than how cute she is.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember 25 cents a gallon gas off the truck.
Heck our vehicles didn't have power steering, power windows, power locks, or air conditioning. Also was 3 on the tree with overdrive.
No color TV and even worse we didn't have a black and white TV for many years either. Lived out in the boonies so TV reception sucked big time.
We never had school buses our parents had to haul us to school and finally we got some pickups with big Toppers in the box to haul us to school.
Wow i am old! ;:;boohoo ;:;rofl

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you could buy cigs for your parents
When pop came in recycled clear bottles
When hand me down clothes were new to you
When staying outside all day was safe
When it was ok to pick up the sandwich to brush off the dirt and eat it
When your mother grandma spit into a handkerchief to clean the dirt off your face.
When the woods were not a scary place
When you could drive around and kill gophers out of the pickup box
When they still had poker runs
When gas was less then 75 cent
When gas had lead in it

When fighting wasn't a crime

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when you realize the 1 year old dog you are hunting behind could be the last bird dog you train.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
When college doesn't seem that long ago, but the incoming freshmen were born after you graduated.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you don't have enough pressure to even put out a birthday candle when you take a leak.

- - - Updated - - -

When 1500 hour rolls around and you are torn between supper or craft hour.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are making me feel old. I remember 0.13 gallon gas, outhouse, no electricity, thrashing machines, gas powered washing machines, no refrigeration etc.

Edit: oh and going to school on a sled behind our old horse. Wrapped in a buffalo robe. No foolin.

Last edited:

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
getting old when..........Free pie night excites ya more than happy hour

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Getting old and remembering and for me now I am mainly concern with my ability to do certain things like driving but: Yes 15 cent gas and riding to school in a sled pull by a horse. Grew up with the muscle cars so that was good. My 426 sport fury did me proud a time or two. 50 plus years of Old Mill were also good. The girls were a lot different back then and that was good. Never did hear one use the f word back then and now they are worse that the boys.

I also reflect on the roads I have taken, the forks I went down and what if. Time left is getting short and to be able to create some more memories. I am probably more scare about life and death now than ever.

A lot of things I thought would be different when I was 20 with my life. I remember thinking in my twenties what it would be like when I hit 70 some. Not quite the way I thought. Maybe it could of been different but still was a great ride. Worry about family and when I am gone what will happen.

But I asked the wife for more time this summer on the scooter. She is concern to ride with me and stated I need to get a 3-wheeler. That will take another $20-25000 and not sure if I want to give up the lean in the corners. But will look, will drive and will make a whole bunch of new memories.
I try not to look back anymore than I am and look forward to the next few years I hope are left of quality time.

Son just asked me to stand in for another in darts this week. Said to bring my A game as they are playing a tough team. I said thanks for the encouragement and I should shoot better with that. but I am looking forward to it along with the beer, the fellowship and did I mention the beer.
DB-2

Last edited:

Mizzou21

When instead of going fishing any possible moment you can make it work regardless of conditions, you now plan your trips on days the sun is shining, the wind is less than 10 and the fish are biting!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you start planning and documenting who is to get what after you are gone. I sure do have a special..nephew/niece.fill in the blank ..that I would like to have my shot gun/fishing gear/rifle/ bow/ boat/ fill in the blank that would enjoy it as much as I had. Planning for them to get it versus what the law says if no one is named.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
When instead of going fishing any possible moment you can make it work regardless of conditions, you now plan your trips on days the sun is shining, the wind is less than 10 and the fish are biting!

This is what I notice the most of all. I used to love the excitement of venturing out in brutal weather . Now days I watch the forecast and avoid it at any cost.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
when the simple things in life become more important.

Like my 97 2500 Dodge pickup truck that with the options is close to a one ton, 4x4, Cummings, five speed manual, 4.10 gears, positive traction all the way around, 81000 miles, Ram on the hood and this summer a bigger 1940 something ram hood ornament will be put on, spends most of its time not only in the building but with its blanket on.
But on special occasions it does go out when the local ford or chevy states it will pull my Dodge all over town.
Like my 426 Sports Fury that made me proud many years ago as did my 440 VIP so has this Dodge made me proud on a number of occasions. db DSC00073.jpg
A 1957 Olds 98 with the J-2 motor did my dad proud back in its day to.

Last edited:

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting old when I remember as a kid how "Rat Patrol" was a cool and effective way to hunt pheasants. Several guys pile in back of pickup box, driver plowing through fields and sloughs as we blazed away from box. Yikes!

Huskerdu

Established Member
U r old when you have to get in shape for elk hunting, or any hunting that involes moving more that a few miles

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You are old when you don't have to dress up for date night.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75