2018 winter Olympics

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lindsey Vonn not winning anything and i would be happy. Don't wish that she gets hurt but hope there is no medals for her.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curling. Hands down one of the interesting sports most anyone can play and enjoy! Fairly local(Mn and Sconi) participants for the Men's, Women's and Mixed Doubles Team USA . A very good chance at medaling in the Mixed Doubles team of brother/sister combo of Matt and Becca Hamilton. Remember those names for sure.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hockey is going to be a major bummer. Would have liked to see all the young NHL talent go at it, instead we get a bunch of no-name NHL washouts.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not in the olympics, but we have a guy from Bottineau that is an assistant coach for the Paralympic sled hockey team. Pretty cool, and wish there was more coverage, i don't think most people in the area even know unless they get the local paper.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone else find North Korea’s sudden change of heart about the winter Olympics just a bit disturbing ??? Seems like the plot to every spy/espionage movie ever made

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
"Does anyone else find North Korea’s sudden change of heart about the winter Olympics just a bit disturbing ???"

Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm actually more interested in hockey without the NHL players which just turned into Canada gets a gold too often, it might be a shit show or fiasco so I may change my mind. I like curling, just like napping. 5 minutes of smiles then waking up. I always thought speed skating was cool. Figure skating meh, unless they have a wreck. Skiing, meh. Bobsledding and luge look fun, but don't hold my attention for long.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing like sitting around drinking beer and watching an intense curling match, unless you happen to be at an establishment that with shuttle board then things can get a little out of hand.

- - - Updated - - -

shuffleboard

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like the Olympics but don't need endless hours of figure skating. Nothing more boring than watching "the requireds" WTH, if you can't do a figure 8 at this stage, how did you ever qualify for the games. Watching some of the Nordic events baffles me. If you've ever X-country skied compare your times and distances to what they do. Talk about conditioning. Then add in stopping to shoot every so often. How do they keep the sights on the target. I'd be so out of breath and wandering from side to side 3' in each direction. Hope to pull the trigger as I passed by the bull.

It will be different without Matt Lauer commentating and wondering which other reporter he spent the previous night with. Lindsay Vonn might bet on your nerves but she was easy to look at. Most of us do have a volume control on our TV's so we could mute her voice out.

Unfortunately TV doesn't cover enough of the non-traditional sports for my liking. If you receive a Canadian TV channel you will be able to watch some of the less popular sports and action. Curling is a great sport to watch. If you doze off a little you can easily catch up when you awake. The other advantage of Canadian TV is you get to watch other athletes instead of the few Americans the are picked to concentrate on.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you see that the ioc is letting Russian cheaters participate in the Olympics.

www.yahoo.com/sports/donald-trump-k...cked-olympics-opening-ceremony-133731703.html

Kim jong un and potus Donald Trump are seen walking together

- - - Updated - - -

7F331889-BBF7-4CA8-8C64-233A534BE7D8.jpeg
Fake news Russian actors

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone watch the winter Olympics
Anyone know anyone who is participting

Nobody that I know but Went through the rosters last week , Hoff from UND playing for Norway , A kid from Morehead that plays for St cloud is on team USA. Someone from MN is on the Biathlon team

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pop quiz:
Which winter Olympic event has the USA never medaled gold in?
Which to me is ironic

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75