Sheds

★★★★★ Legendary Member
91543550_1140255552987982_3589618938830389248_n.jpg

I dont usually like to post pics of sheds or trail cam pics until deer is dead but I like these pics. Ha

Wow, you're a lot younger than I thought, do your folks know you're on here?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
for what it is worth and i am sure most of you know this.

I have pick up a skull with horns or two over the years. So for a reason a game warden comes to visit me and sees a couple of skulls laying in the corner with horns and none were of any size, no tags and I told him I found them (and yes I did).

So i get the lecture that it is not legal to pick up a skull until the warden comes and looks and gives the okay with his tag. Then he proceeds to tell me what the fine is and what he can do to me so do not do it again. And I thank him for the information as I did not know this.

Okay I get it but picking up a small three point skull cost me one time $600 by the federal game and fish before he was done. And yes it was a skull and part of the backbone laying on the ground and I have no ideal what happen to that deer. But stupid me I did pick it up and yes it was $600.
Now it just so happens I was driving done the road in good old Canada when I seen it in the ditch so a little different deal. And they also gave me the lecture, said I was low life, lier and I took it like a whip dog and said nothing back (well sort of until after I paid the $600). Then as I protested at their office they try to kick me off the property and said in was private. Yes it is private but once you rented it, it became public. City cop came and thought my protest sign was well written.
All part of that memory bank one needs to fill up in ones life time. db

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got a PM from a member on here that goes along with db's post about his skulls with no tags and Wardens. Basically he had a buddy get some skulls taken because they did not have tags. Luckily he was not fined, but as the PM said...every warden is different and you never know.

Just to let you all know, I am from Nebraska and we ARE allowed to pick up skulls with antlers as long as there is no evidence of illegal activity such as an arrow, or bullet hole on non decomposed kills. I made a phone call to our Game and Parks, then decided to also send an email so that I would have proof along with an electronic signature just in case.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 6-8 years ago we were still living on the farm and i had at least 50+ skulls with antlers on and i know i am way short on this guess. Anyway the warden was a friend and he had to come out and check over a deer that got hit on the highway and i took him out in the trees to show him the animal. After that we walked in our trees to show him what i had been doing to make better habitat and he saw a bunch of the skulls and he commented on how many there were and asked how long it took to get that many. I said started when i was in grade school. That was the end of the conversation.
We did find bucks that were shot and got away and died after season and would call him and he sometimes would give us a tag and sometimes he wouldn't even come out as he knew we didn't shoot them. So we would cut the head off and keep it with the antlers on it.
I personally think it is lame that one can not pick up a dead buck without contacting a warden. In deer season i could see it but other than that i don't believe it is needed.

- - - Updated - - -

A guy told me once, if you think the game warden is your friend, he isn't as he will write you up if he catches you doing something wrong.
I told him he is a darn good friend and IF i were to do something wrong i fully expect him to write me up as that is his job. Friends or not, business is business!

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday was a perfect shed hunting day!
Always nice to see that the up and comer bucks you passed up made it! :;:rockit
IMG_20190330_135838248.jpg
Good times.

Last edited:

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
P1010003.jpg
Good times.

Why am I always drooling every time you post a pic?! Always big fish, big deer, or a box full of sheds! Looks like some pretty nice ones in there, nice work!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
3 hours not so good and then i met a guy who had 200 allready.
show picture and i was further embrassed. db

Attachments

DSCN9192.jpg

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
P1010003.jpg
Good times.

Where did u find the 30 of blue num nums? I would like to go look there for some:;:cheers:;:cheers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
3 hours not so good and then i met a guy who had 200 allready.
attachment.php

show picture and i was further embrassed. db

I don't see anything to be embarrassed about. You got to go spend time outside in the fresh air and a little exercise too.

Sounds like a great day to me!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
yes 2400 and hopefully our trip this month to northern Canada will produce more and a local trip or two also. My son went elsewhere in elk country and ended up with a few, one decent match set. I hope to find some elk shortly and maybe a moose besides some whitetail. db

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
About 6-8 years ago we were still living on the farm and i had at least 50+ skulls with antlers on and i know i am way short on this guess. Anyway the warden was a friend and he had to come out and check over a deer that got hit on the highway and i took him out in the trees to show him the animal. After that we walked in our trees to show him what i had been doing to make better habitat and he saw a bunch of the skulls and he commented on how many there were and asked how long it took to get that many. I said started when i was in grade school. That was the end of the conversation.
We did find bucks that were shot and got away and died after season and would call him and he sometimes would give us a tag and sometimes he wouldn't even come out as he knew we didn't shoot them. So we would cut the head off and keep it with the antlers on it.
I personally think it is lame that one can not pick up a dead buck without contacting a warden. In deer season i could see it but other than that i don't believe it is needed.

- - - Updated - - -

A guy told me once, if you think the game warden is your friend, he isn't as he will write you up if he catches you doing something wrong.
I told him he is a darn good friend and IF i were to do something wrong i fully expect him to write me up as that is his job. Friends or not business is business!
I agree being required get a tag for the bones of a dead animal is dumb, as is needing a tag for a roadkill deer. Not going to bother calling a warden if I find a skull laying on the ground that’s just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

FB_IMG_1586800875735.jpgDonates salary.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hate group.jpgMagic word.jpgA few pics from the weekend
Nice sheds ane nice country, looks like a successful trip

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IMG_2637.jpg

Been finding a few down here...these were from last weekend when it was 70 degrees. Had a place lined up to go today, but we got 3-5 inches of snow on the ground...guess it will have to wait until next weekend...

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have 16 so far, it appears horns are all off, still to much snow yet in trees up here but soon hope to start finding. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76