Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 793
      Given: 0
      Classifieds
      I have a variety of pflueger reels but I feel like the quality isn’t what it used to be. I have been checking out Diawa reels and they seem to be pretty smooth and solid. The next reel I buy will be a Diawa.

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #22
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,376
      Given: 571
      Classifieds
      Wondered around Scheels a little today. President Xt are 59.99 and Purists are 49.99 for there Fatherday sale. Picked up one of each. Have a few older presidents and supremes that have held up fairly well.

0 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #23
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,953
      Given: 5,747
      Quote Originally Posted by cooter00 View Post
      I like the patriarcks by fluger because they are light match with my Loomis great they are 200 bucks but I also have 200$ rod I do have a few presidents but they are a bit heavier I like to match the price of my rods same price for rod and reel no reason I guess just what I do
      Same. My number one rod, for pretty much all but pike-specific fishing, is a lower-end Loomis with a Patriarch. Time after time, fish after fish, no troubles. Any mess-up is completely this guy's mistake.

Casting cranks into the wind, at night, especially when it's cold out, equals snarls. Sometimes. Otherwise, no issues whatsoever with Pflueger.

0 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #24
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,966
      Given: 1,147
      I used to love Shimano reels, then I seemed to develop bail issues with them, one by one.

I've since gone the way of Pflueger, they really do feel different than the Shimano reels I once loved, but thus far they have been problem free. Someone up above also noted the "buy cheap and replace as needed" strategy. Yep...I once got a deal on some Mitchell reels years ago for some jigging rods and didn't even think twice about them until just this spring when the last one finally crapped out on me. Mentioned it to a very avid fishing partner who also bought a bunch of the same reels only to realize we got them roughly 12 years ago. For a $20 reel, that was a damn good purchase!

Anyway, I probably have nearly 20 rod/reel combos nowadays. There's something I liked about every single one of them and how they filled a particular niche or they wouldn't be in the rack. Some were $50 combos, some were worth closer to a couple hundred, but they each still fill a niche. I find I like line-counter reels a lot nowadays when fishing with the kids, by giving them a number I help ensure they have the crank or BB in the strike zone. Nothing worse than seeing a kid pull a BB around for an hour about ten ft up off the bottom. Speaking of which, I could probably use another BB rod/reel combo.

1 Not allowed!
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

5. Back To Top    #25
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,700
      Given: 478
      Okuma avengers with or without the baitrunner option.

0 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #26
      Gold Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 116
      Given: 696
      used to use alot of diawa's way back, then switched to STRADIC"S as well and now really pissed off that i have bought a 2nd replacement thinking the first one was a lemmon and it sucks as well!!!! Actually my favorite reel i have now is one I purchased after having to many cocktails at a sport show. Believe it or not Abu Garcia Revo. paid 150 and has been awesome.

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #27
      Vollmer
      I'm ready for Sak to pop!

Mood:
      Sneaky

Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 5,209
      Given: 15,452
      Classifieds

Owner Post Founder Of Nodak Angler | Community Owner Response

Quote Originally Posted by roosterfish View Post
      used to use alot of diawa's way back, then switched to STRADIC"S as well and now really pissed off that i have bought a 2nd replacement thinking the first one was a lemmon and it sucks as well!!!! Actually my favorite reel i have now is one I purchased after having to many cocktails at a sport show. Believe it or not Abu Garcia Revo. paid 150 and has been awesome.
      I’m a Daiwa man now. I like the Pflueger’s too, but prefer the similar priced Daiwa’s. They seem smoother to me, and I like the drag better.

1 Not allowed!

8. Back To Top    #28
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,588
      Given: 527
      aNY OF yall hand your wife a spinning rod when your pitchin and she looks at me like wth is that. My wife told me last weekend -- i cant cast those spinning reels -- hand me my blue one . (she has a blue quantum bait caster that is hers and it is set in free spool mode no less).

- - - Updated - - -

I got a speed spool - its ok - i cant remember the speed but its a burner. Diawa -- somebody mentioned --- do you remember back in the 80s when one of the reels had a gear shifter on it. I had millionaire as one of my first baitcasters -- loaded with dacron -- those were the days. rippin reeds

1 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12