Bubble windshield vrs. wrap around windshield

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
19 1/2 ft fiberglass boat(not tiller). Don't fish tourneys & if wind over 30 MPH don't fish. Wondering if any advantage to the bubble windshield besides being a little cheaper.
thanx

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend who has a double bubble and I dont like it. Takes up about as much space as a walk through full windshield but doesnt provide near as much protection. Go single bubble or full glass.

- - - Updated - - -

or get a tiller if you want to be one of those weirdos. Whatever you get, make sure it has sparkles. and if it is a ranger, apparently you're a dickhead.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the look of bubbles and I like that being smaller than a full windshield they give a little more room for moving around and doing things when fishing. I had bubbles for years and said I'd never get a full windshield. That is until I got a full windshield. Now I wouldn't go back to bubbles. But it will depend a bit on your fishing. We fish tourneys and what we found with bubbles was that when you're running, the wind's blowing in your face and makes talking or visiting a chore. With a windshield, the experience when running is so much nicer. You can actually talk to each other, eat/drink while you're running, and can look around and enjoy the scenery around you. And, if it's rough and you have to quarter the wind in a bad direction or it's raining, you stay so much drier. In all my years of fishing I never thought I'd go from bubbles to a full windshield, but after doing so I wouldn't go back.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the predicament right now. What I think will be my new rig has bubbles. $1500 (installed) for a full windshield. For the wife's sake (and my health) I'll probably do it right away rather than running it for a while to see if I like bubbles.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a friend who has a double bubble and I dont like it. Takes up about as much space as a walk through full windshield but doesnt provide near as much protection. Go single bubble or full glass.

- - - Updated - - -

or get a tiller if you want to be one of those real men. Whatever you get, make sure it has sparkles. and if it is a ranger, apparently you're a dickhead.

Fixed it for you.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have bubble on my walleye boat and the older I get the less I like it. Windshield for me next time for sure.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a time I thought bubbles looked better than windshields until I owned a couple full windshield boats. You’ll stay warmer and dryer no doubt with full windshield

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
unless you are going to stay 26, single, and only take hardcore fisherman out forever get the windshield.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
Not only a full windshield. I also but a board to cover the hole between the counsels. No wind, very comfortable. Board also serves as a cleaning board. When I was younger and could only afford smaller boats, side counsel was My choice. Now older, windshield only!! You will get your money back with the full windshield.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a boat with sport bubbles (Triton) and now have a full windshield (Skeeter). Let me tell you the difference... TONS! I'd never go back to a bubble windshield again. Yes, it does suck a bit when there's a hot day and zero wind; the full windshield allows less air to travel by. However, with the North Dakota rain, wind, cool breezes you'll never thank a full windshield more.

Been there, done that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75