Portable Booster for Jump Starting

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm almost + It's your chargers. Some of the newer electronic ones you can't make sparks by touching the terminals together, Explosion proof or some other safety feature. The old style non electronic chargers will charge a stone dead battery.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was told that a lot of the new chargers are set so if it doesn't see a round at least 8 volts it wont let the charger send a charge. Took a battery in that was 100% dead and wouldn't take a charge and he hooked a jumper across from a battery that was charged to mine and then the charger to mine and it reads the voltage from the voltage from the charged battery and starts taking a charge. Called me the next day and said dead battery was good to go and passed load testing so didn't have to buy a new one. I will give a plug to Interstate Batteries in Bismarck for their service on that. Saved me buying a new battery. Just a way to trick a battery charger into sending a charge.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what size does one need for a 200 verado v4. Don't they take more juice since they recommend the agm battery for them?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received the Stanley as a gift a few years ago, it has worked just fine to start my boat motors, generator, and the neighbor's Yukon.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a Schumacher 1100 peak amp for the wife to carry back and forth to work in the winter. Just checked and its at full load even after sitting in the garage all summer. Got it at fleet Farm last fall. LB

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought this one from Amazon. Very happy with it.

[h=1]Beatit QDSP 1200A Peak 16500mAh 12V Portable Car Lithium Jump Starter[/h]

- - - Updated - - -

The name sold me.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a Schumacher 1100 peak amp for the wife to carry back and forth to work in the winter. Just checked and its at full load even after sitting in the garage all summer. Got it at fleet Farm last fall. LB

I have the same one in both my pickups and couldn't be happier. The tell you how many volts the battery you hook up to. Have a light and air compressor.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69