What was your favorite Oscars moment?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Seeing the weinermobile in person.

oscar.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's an Oscar other than my Dad's brother, my uncle? I watched the 4 D-1 regional college hockey championship games and then turned the tv off ... nothing more to see here.

ps: the four teams in the Frozen Four are: Michigan, U Minnesota, Minn State Mankato and Denver U ... no schools east of Michigan!!! Take that you east coast sports writers that continue to vote east coast hockey teams high in the National rankings!!!

Last edited:

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, many of you bitch and whine about celebs and their opinions but you watch their little trophy show

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't watch it. Haven't watched for years. Don't hate it, just don't care.

I did watch the video of Will Smith smacking Chris Rock across the face. I can see both sides. When you're a "star", you are a public person. You don't get to fawn and roll around in the love, and then lash out when someone picks on you (or a loved one).

Then again, someone picking on my wife, for a medical malady that she's been going through (hair loss) would make me see red. Will Smith seemed to laugh, then strolled up on stage and laid one across Chris Rock's face.

Sure was awkward afterwards. Ha! Coulda heard a pin drop. And Will Smith yelled, after returning to his seat "Keep my wife's name out yo f#ckin' mouth". Yelled it twice.

Oh, the drama, at the biggest drama awards.

Made me chuckle.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope,instead a classic western was on last night "Open Range" great show even after multipal rerun's f- the drama at the oscars,miss the last of the greats like eastwood,wayne and many others from the 60's,70's and 80's.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope, didn't watch it. The only TV I watch is public television programs. Well, how do I get the news? My thoughts are that it isn't "news" any more. It is spoon fed information that is tailored to how that information is hopefully interpreted by the masses. IMO it works both ways - if you want to classify by party: liberal and consevative alike.

Let's go Watson!
Easy to stereotype people isn't it. :::
@watson
You asked in an earlier thread why I liked a post that "chastised" you.

Mostly because you have such perceived hatred in your posts and "99%" of your posts are attacking someone else and their thoughts and views. Less than "1%" of your posts are contributory in nature, helping someone out looking for information. My "posts" towards you are solely an attempt (guess I get a failing mark!) to let you see how others can come across in their posts and for you to realize that maybe that is how others see you too.

I apologize that I don't know your whole story. Often times if people only understood what others are going through they would have more compassion for what they say or do. Perhaps I am failing in that way too with you. ?

Am I perfect. Hell no. But I bet if you were to give me a chance and really get to know me you would see that I really am not that bad of a person either. HA

And I get the whole freedom of speech right.

Carry on. Enough drivel for now. ;)

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't even turn the channel from the blank blue screen. The blank blue screen was much more enjoyable and thought provoking. ;:;popcorn

People at work today were all excited about the assault & battery committed on stage. I could care less.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capture.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, many of you bitch and whine about celebs and their opinions but you watch their little trophy show

Maybe try reading the thread...might be more effective in your trolling attempts...

Capture.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My OSCAR has a last name its Mayer. And no I never watch a bunch of adults give each other participation trophy's. LB

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_7243.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe try reading the thread...might be more effective in your trolling attempts...

1000003234.jpg

I have read the thread and will say the same thing, you whine about celebs and their opinions, and one of the biggest whiners revives the thread from 3 years ago to talk about what happened. I guess they accomplished what they wanted, you're talking about their actions...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole thing was staged. WWE at its finest

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole thing was staged. WWE at its finest
Thats the exact same statement I said to my wife this morning when the slap was on the morning show.
Pretty sure they planned this, just like Janet Jacksons wardrobe malfunction

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Johnr:

You know, i was watching the half time show somewhat but did not see nor a repeat of Janet's boob.
If one has that episode i would kind'a like to see for a friend. db

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was watchin Guy Fieri's Tournament of Champions.

FYI, I have never watched the Oscars.

Nothing to see here, just one black man slapping another black man............... Move along.

If it would of been a white guy doing the slapping they would be rioting in the streets.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77