What was your favorite Oscars moment?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have most of the above mentioned westerns on DVD just gathering dust. Time to dust them off and get them lined up for the next awards show.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have most of the above mentioned westerns on DVD just gathering dust. Time to dust them off and get them lined up for the next awards show.

DVD? so when I purchased my new big screen tellie,they gave me a "blue ray" ,just a fancy name for a dvd? what's the difference? haven't used the blue ray in a couple years.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seraphim Falls, butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid, stagecoach, all the Clint Eastwood and john Wayne westerns are good and too many to list.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr picked up a Roku for me last camping season, thing picks up our Netflix, amazon prime, etc.. and we can just pick out what we want to watch anywhere in the country. Hot spot the phone in the 5th wheel and boom full on movie time at our finger tips.

I don't believe we even have a DVD/Blu-ray any longer, its like having an iPod, your living in the past man.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We have Hulu, Netflix, Prime TV. A few good westerns on there but most are pretty shitty compared to many listed in above posts.
That’s why I have hung on to the DVD/Blu Ray player and DVDs/Blu Ray discs.

Snow, Blu Ray and DVD players both play discs. The difference is blu ray discs can have higher resolution and picture quality and storage capability. HD-DVD discs are comparable in quality to Blu Ray. Blu Ray is basically replacing DVD, just like DVD replaced VHS. For now, most movies you buy will actually come with a DVD and a Blu Ray disc but I’m sure that will be phased out. You can not play a Blu Ray disc on a DVD player but you can watch both types on a Blu Ray player.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66