New Lure Excitement

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Maybe it is just the time of year, but I am finding myself rather excited about this lure. I think it looks incredible with a soft plastic. I'll probably add a stinger hook off of that bottom eyelet. I think ...

berkley-snap-jig-3-8oz-firetiger.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuItlXxRGPs

Anyone have some lures that have had them excited in the past, or ones you are excited about this year?

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Judging by the average age on this site I'm guessing this will be high on the list!download (1).jpeg

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If it can’t be pulled behind a bottom bouncer I don’t have time for it

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Judging by the average age on this site I'm guessing this will be high on the list!49525795_2078137215587121_3722053211725496320_n.jpg

I have a few of those

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it is just the time of year, but I am finding myself rather excited about this lure. I think it looks incredible with a soft plastic. I'll probably add a stinger hook off of that bottom eyelet. I think ...

clouds.JPG
Sheesh they are a little more spendy than I thought they would be, i better get a second job

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stinger hook makes it that much more snaggable! But they do look awesome for that 10-20 foot range

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t get excited about new lures anymore...they always leave me disappointed and broke.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be broke if I used these instead of regular leadhead jigs.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member

I bought 2 of these in about 2007-2008 after watching Bill Dance Outdoors while recovering from appendix surgery. I will tell you they were a true fishing LIFE CHANGER for me:::. Haven't fallen for crappy salesmanship that bad since then. I still buy gadgets and different lures but it is usually the evil side of my brain selling to the reasonable side of my brain now

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t get excited about new lures anymore...they always leave me disappointed and broke.

Me too, but God help me, I can't stop buying them.

I mean, I can stop any time I want. I can. But you're not my boss. Leave me alone.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I bought 2 of these in about 2007-2008 after watching Bill Dance Outdoors while recovering from appendix surgery. I will tell you they were a true fishing LIFE CHANGER for me:::. Haven't fallen for crappy salesmanship that bad since then. I still buy gadgets and different lures but it is usually the evil side of my brain selling to the reasonable side of my brain now

I have one of these and 2 of the smaller purple and white ones. They work good casting them for pike in the spring. I always try and buy something dumb for spring pike every few years and this won out in the past. I get real pissed off when the long rubber tail gets stuck to the treble hook every other cast.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one of these and 2 of the smaller purple and white ones. They work good casting them for pike in the spring. I always try and buy something dumb for spring pike every few years and this won out in the past. I get real pissed off when the long rubber tail gets stuck to the treble hook every other cast.

I am pretty sure all I have caught is that tail, maybe maybe maybe 1 little pike. Heck I haven't even been able to loose one when I have been snagged up really bad. Yet every once in awhile I still chuck them out just to see.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pretty sure all I have caught is that tail, maybe maybe maybe 1 little pike. Heck I haven't even been able to loose one when I have been snagged up really bad. Yet every once in awhile I still chuck them out just to see.

And that's the beauty of it.

Couple years ago, my cousin and I were casting for pike at Devil's. Trolling around in a boat, throwing the dumbest things we could find in our tackle boxes. Tossing by sunken timber and having a good old time laughing at what they're pulverize.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

My buddy had something very similar if not the same thing back in the mid 90's. I had the privilege to net his over 28" fish and a few 4 and 5 lbers with that lure. He said it was his secrete plug, and found it in Pierre. I bought one that I think was similar but not the same bill and it didn't catch squat. I think his had a round bill and it worded very well on OAHE for walleye.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My new DM spear decoys have about sent me to the moon with anticipation and as always, I get excited to catch fish on some of the jigs I've made. Catching fish on your own creations is a really cool thing. I'll pass on the new jig in the OP though. Anything weighted with a dangling hook gets "Eaten" by the Sheyenne is real short order and I have other vertical lures that I would prefer to use over this one.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have a insert full of banjo minnows I got for Christmas. I'm going to catch something on one just once then probably throw them all away.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Picked up a couple different size/color Storm 360GT search baits...seems like they can be cast or trolled. Looks like they may work ok in less than 20 fow?

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up a couple different size/color Storm 360GT search baits...seems like they can be cast or trolled. Looks like they may work ok in less than 20 fow?

Picked some up last spring and they were awesome on walleye in the spring (the last time I wet line on a long pole).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69