How many Crankbaits do you own?

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not enough is my answer, but I did recently sell a bunch. I'm narrowing down the cranks I like to pull and what catches fish on a consistent basis for me and am only buying those brands/styles. Has made finding the correct crank for depth and application much easier.

Although Berkeley is coming out with a shallow diving flicker shad I think. That will probably make it's way into my tackle box.

i would like a large body flicker shad / minnow with a small bill for shallow

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I honestly don't even know. I did just order 60 more. Like rowdie said, take pictures. I open my trays up and snap a picture in the spring and fall.

Something I should do. I would think photos of all the reels, rods, everything is a good idea. Probably should do that with guns too

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something I should do. I would think photos of all the reels, rods, everything is a good idea. Probably should do that with guns too

YES!! Anything of value... guns, electronics, jewelry, old coins, ....etc. Photos are the best according to ins adjuster I had.

- - - Updated - - -

Not enough is my answer, but I did recently sell a bunch. I'm narrowing down the cranks I like to pull and what catches fish on a consistent basis for me and am only buying those brands/styles. Has made finding the correct crank for depth and application much easier.

Although Berkeley is coming out with a shallow diving flicker shad I think. That will probably make it's way into my tackle box.

I too try to narrow my buying to the ones I use most. The problem is I've been pulling them since the early 90's and remember my best ones, and its hard to let go. So I'll break out an old Bomber style, have a good day with it, then restock it and get multiple colors, something I couldn't afford in the 90's. Or when Berkley came out with the Flicker Minnow, and I pull the trigger on two sizes and every color, before I personally know they work. (They do work, but not up to the hype IMO). What I need to get better at is using snap weights or rigging up a couple leadcore rods. I also like to try some off brands just in case they really work great. Its just hard to get hours on all the different cranks lol, but I 'all go out sometimes just to put hours on cranks I rarely use. But its hard to do when the stinger is empty and you know you could be catching.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you guys lug them around in ? I haven't found anything that I am happy with. Wife is making me a snag free roll up , Sort of like a wrench set as soon as I tell her how I want it made. Any ideas or a pic of one to look at ?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like the crank caddy

24129.jpg

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say between 100 and 150. I know if the wife looked in my tackle box she would say, "why do you need so many? You can only fish with one at a time" ;:;banghead

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you guys lug them around in ? I haven't found anything that I am happy with. Wife is making me a snag free roll up , Sort of like a wrench set as soon as I tell her how I want it made. Any ideas or a pic of one to look at ?
51A799B0-DBDE-4C0F-BFF4-62D914271E96.jpg3662EDAE-F7B2-4DFD-89C1-63BC0758B39F.jpgD1B809E3-7803-4F01-8D86-C3A1E55A5E19.jpg

I have a couple of the crank canvas. They work good. Can store them anywhere without the hassle of rectangular boxes, although do use the crank caddy too. Neither are cheap.

Last edited:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the tip on the bx minnow and the cutter... both look like good candidates for what I want

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
as for storage... don't do what I do, plano boxes with most of the dividers removed and pile as many as you can ontop of each other... it's a mess

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
as for storage... don't do what I do, plano boxes with most of the dividers removed and pile as many as you can ontop of each other... it's a mess

Too late. ;:;banghead I usually have to pick 3 out at a time and untangle the other two and put em back.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
berkley cutter

Abother really good lure with the profile of a cutter is the Cabela’s escape minnow. They dive like 4-6 foot. Check out the color Vegas Lights. It must replicate smelt on Sak cuz the bigger eyes are nuts for it!

- - - Updated - - -

say what now?

Chow

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve tried the crank caddy and crank canvas. Hated both. Back to regular trays

I’m with you on this. I’d need a trailer to tote all the crank caddy’s around to fit the cranks I need. I use regular Plano 3700’s and rubber band the hooks so you don’t fight to get them out. Works great!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62