For those who are interested.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to the spill way in Pollock was snagging one of those rotten bastards every other cast with a jig. Hooked the seagulls up with a couple nice meals.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snagged a 15#er in the dorsal fin on Buffalo Lake in Se Nd. Best fish fight by far. That thing pulled the boat around for about 20 min before we got him n the net. Put on a good show for the other boats that were watching. Had to ham it up a little by screaming, "biggest walley I have ever seen". It was fun, just could not control the fish at all because not hooked in mouth. He went where ever he wanted too.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How to cook a CARP

First, you'll need a bunch of that gumbo mud, you know that stuff that sticks to your boots and won't come off. 5 gal at least. Don't clean the carp, just pack it in the mud. Good wide Alm. foil is a must wrap it up good in a bunch of butter, make sure there is 4 or 5 inches of mud all around the carp. Then cook at 4oo for 6 hours or build a fire around it and cook that sumbitch good. Now here is the important part. Unwrap the foil and take mud off carp and put it in serving bowls, then throw away the carp and eat the mud.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
A tail-hooked, or dorsal-hooked carp, in current, from shore, is a regular rodeo.

For contrast, a wing-hooked seagull won't put up much fight, even though they're extremely unhappy about the situation.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used to run into a carp or two a year in the McClusky Canal. brought a 12lber in on my ultra light 5' deadstick once. Ran up and down the road for a good 20minutes. Good fight, ugliest fish ever.

kite

Hooked a carp on the dorsal fin while fishing from shore on a river once. It took off and went over (downstream) a low head dam and kept going. Some how the line never got cut and I eventually got it in.

Edit: Did not notice how old this thread was.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
How to cook a CARP

First, you'll need a bunch of that gumbo mud, you know that stuff that sticks to your boots and won't come off. 5 gal at least. Don't clean the carp, just pack it in the mud. Good wide Alm. foil is a must wrap it up good in a bunch of butter, make sure there is 4 or 5 inches of mud all around the carp. Then cook at 4oo for 6 hours or build a fire around it and cook that sumbitch good. Now here is the important part. Unwrap the foil and take mud off carp and put it in serving bowls, then throw away the carp and eat the mud.

HA HA HA HA HA HA....... The post of the day award goes to.....Rowdie!
2vdg23
carp.jpg

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they would eradicate every last one. At least in the US

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When it floods in the spring, like every year, they're fun to shoot out of the ditches with your bow. Haven't done that for a while, might have to try it again.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
did you know that walleye hang out on the fringes of where carp ar....

never mind - it's my little secret

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
did you know that walleye hang out on the fringes of where carp ar....

never mind - it's my little secret

spawning . yep and old guy that used to take me out showed me that we pulled cranks and loaded his live well. i was 7 or 8 and new nothing of limits and he was 60 and didnt give a shit

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carp are like fat chicks, they are fun to catch until your buddies see them.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m triggered by this thread. If anyone needs me I’ll be in my safe space

Mgx2400

Honored Member
You think a carps a fight. Hook a paddlefish and the definition of fight will be reinvented for ya. :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76