Watch the can on Lake Metigoshe fall

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every year for the last few the Metigoshe Lions have a raffle to guess when the "can will fall thru the ice on Metigoshe." $2.50 a guess and guesses stop on April first. Closest time splits half of the total up to $25k. The can went thru (not necessarily when the ice is off the Lake" at 6:10:29 pm Monday evening. Here is the vid:

http://metigoshemelt.com

ps: Don't know how long this will be posted on their website.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neat! I remember back in the day they use to drag an old car out on the ice on the Sheyenne river in Harvey and guess when it would sink. Im guessing thats a no no nowadays..

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neat! I remember back in the day they use to drag an old car out on the ice on the Sheyenne river in Harvey and guess when it would sink. Im guessing thats a no no nowadays..

I think you can still do it, probably a lot of new regulations (removing fluids, etc.) then the old days.

There's one (or was one last weekend) sitting on Devils.

nybs

Honored Member
Think they used to do that with a big Dr Pepper can at the slough in Max too...could see it driving on 83.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think you can still do it, probably a lot of new regulations (removing fluids, etc.) then the old days.

There's one (or was one last weekend) sitting on Devils.

Think they used to do that with a big Dr Pepper can at the slough in Max too...could see it driving on 83.

I'm sure all you guys are right and in addition you have to retrieve whatever you put on the ice.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the car on Devils sunk over the weekend in the high wind. I believe that fundraiser is done by the local search and rescue and they retrieve it every year.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the car on Devils sunk over the weekend in the high wind. I believe that fundraiser is done by the local search and rescue and they retrieve it every year.

disappeared sometime sunday morning i believe.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74