transom tilt switch

1SGBALTZELL

I have an TTC-1-DP transom tilt switch. I am hooking it up to a Mercury kicker motor that already has the wires coming out of it. I hooked up the switch per the instructions. Blue wire to blue wire, green to green and purple to red with an inline fuse, direct to the battery. Nothing happens, so I am in need of help, what am I missing as far as other wires, I don't have a ground wire hooked up to it. Thanks for any help

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
probably need that ground hooked up for it to work... most electrical things I've worked on require a working ground

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the switch mounted yet? It may be that it is "grounded" when mounted to the transom (assuming it's an aluminum boat).

1SGBALTZELL

The switch is already attached to the boat and if I need a ground wire which wire would I connect it to. Thanks for the replies

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm, sounds like you're going to need a multimeter. And I am by no means an electrical expert!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
post the electrical schematic if it has one. you should have four wire I would suspect. Positive and ground. then one positive lead for up and one for down leaving the switch to the motor. depending how the motor is wired it will either have a ground coming out of the motor to the switch or it'll jumper to the frame of the tilt unit in which you would have to ground from the battery to the tilt unit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77