Grizzley Hunting in Wyoming

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only 6 grand for the tag. Granted, that's drastically cheaper than an Alaska hunt.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to take a grizz, but.thats light years out of my budget range.

For that price it would be cheaper to just buy an old cow and tie it up where the bears are.

When they come for dinner you are just "protecting" your livestock.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only 6 grand for the tag. Granted, that's drastically cheaper than an Alaska hunt.
Is that what the state is charging, or did they give all the tags to the outfitters and that's what they charge for a hunt. Wyoming is odd. You can hike anywhere you want, but if your hunting it requires a guide in wilderness areas. They say it's because hunters may get lost. I guess bunny huggers in sneakers and shorts are much more mountain men than hunters. :;:huh

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a friend that guides for an outfitter in griz country. Mostly for elk. Told me all you need to do is fire a few shots and wait. Its like a dinner bell ringing for the bears.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a friend that guides for an outfitter in griz country. Mostly for elk. Told me all you need to do is fire a few shots and wait. Its like a dinner bell ringing for the bears.

I've heard the same thing but guessing it is mainly where the bears are pretty thickly populated. Or how hungry they are too.
When they are getting ready to hibernate they literally gorge themselves.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that what the state is charging, or did they give all the tags to the outfitters and that's what they charge for a hunt. Wyoming is odd. You can hike anywhere you want, but if your hunting it requires a guide in wilderness areas. They say it's because hunters may get lost. I guess bunny huggers in sneakers and shorts are much more mountain men than hunters. :;:huh

????;:;banghead You realize the group you were bragging about joining insists they have to work with the bunny huggers right? Do you really think those bunny huggers give a flying fuck if you can't hunt Wyoming wilderness without a guide? You should ask the BHA why they aren't fighting for removing that law. Seems to me like they should be, maybe its not such a big deal to them because a lot of the groups they work with and get a lot of money from only care about public access to frolic in a meadow, not public hunting access.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
You realize the group you were bragging about joining insists they have to work with the bunny huggers right?
Show me.

Do you really think those bunny huggers give a flying fuck if you can't hunt Wyoming wilderness without a guide?
This is something the Wyoming legislature did because the outfitters put a lot of money into lobbying and legislators aren't that expensive to buy. Also, don't confuse vulgarity with intelligence.

You should ask the BHA why they aren't fighting for removing that law.
Are you fighting for the removal of that law?
Seems to me like they should be,
Maybe you should join and tell them that instead of on your keyboard whining. Do you approve of any organization. Do you dislike BHA because they promote public land access? I think most people who dislike BHA have a monitary gain to be made, or perhaps they are simply ignorant of their goals. As far as I see it they have as their number one goal preserving our public lands. That also is my wishes. So what do you think of that goal? Where did you learn about all these bad things about BHA or are they all bs like little old ladies gossiping in church.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's clear you have the internet, try using it for research sometime.

I will not join, for the many reasons I have already stated.

I am absolutely for public access. I dislike the BHA because of their leadership, and willingness to sleep with the enemy, I have nothing to gain monetarily. I have been following them for a long time and have seen enough. So PG, I am done with you and this topic.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been following them for a long time and have seen enough.
OK :;:thumbsup. Just what I was looking for. I could use some expert advise from someone who has followed them for a long time. Tell me about them. Thanks in advance.

Ooops not to hijack a thread is there anyone here who can tell us what the state charges for a grizz hunt. I suspect with that high price they gave or sold very cheap the tags to outfitters. Outfitters have a choke hold on the people of Wyoming, and especially on the non resident hunters. I have spent enough time in the mountains if I was in better shape and younger like some of you fellows on here I would be rescuing the outfitters not them rescuing me. What a joke their excuse is for requiring guides in wilderness areas. If this was truly their intent they would have a surcharge to fund their search and rescue like Colorado does. Evidently Wyoming legislators are inexpensive.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember getting a lecture on another site by someone complaining about how the ranchers in Wyoming were going to screw up his opportunity to shoot a wolf. He suggested "compromise" with those that were sueing to stop wolf hunting to create a plan they would not sue over.

Now you can hunt both wolves and grizzlies in Wyoming.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...aken-in-first-wolf-hunt-in-wyoming-since-2013

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
According to MSN Fed judge puts hold on hunt that was to open Saturday. Wouldn't that piss you off if you drew a tag.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Federal judges assuming the role of legislatures is the scourge of our time.

Time to nip that crap in the bud Andy.... nip it in the bud!

KSnZHOC.gif

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Judges are assuming power they don't have. Maybe one or two of them prosecuted would send a message. They are a big problem with the immigration mess we have.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the money behind these issues has figured out that buying Judges works better then buying Legisltors.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75