Walleye assassin

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What color is your go-to and your preferred jig head to use?

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
opening night, crystal shad, or black shad on either a chartreuse or chartreuse and orange jig head is what I find myself using most

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Jig head color for me hasn't really mattered if they are going to hit an assassin. Make sure they have a good bait keeper or it's a pain fishing with a poor one.

White has been good for me; plain white, pink tail, green tail. I haven't really used any of their more creative colors so not sure if those would have worked too.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super clear water usually no bling on the jib. Unpainted. Stained water colors mentioned along with guyssupercovertjigs.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
opening night, crystal shad, or black shad on either a chartreuse or chartreuse and orange jig head is what I find myself using most

These are pretty much my go to colors, but I like a long shank hook jig head. Fishing in a current situation, the long shank hook produces more hook ups than a standard hook. My suspicion is that the fish have such a short time to look over a bait before it's past them due to current speeds that they short hit my offering much more than I think. The long shank gives me a chance to connect with those fish that hit late.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer short shank - if they don’t smash it with fury I’d rather go home skunked

also, I like to tell lies on NDA on occasion

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a short shank - if they don’t smash it with fury I’d rather go home skunked

also, I like to tell lies on NDA on occasion

Fixed it for you!

I like the Pink and White. Jig head I like are the VMC in White or Blue.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Mimic minnows, ripple shads, twistertails, assassins, sliders in that order. Assasins gave out a bigger thump which is great sometimes in wind and dirty water or when fish are super aggressive. Most days I end up using the mimics followed by a 3 inch twistertail, maybe a walleye slider for good measure

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleye assasin makes good curly tales but IMO their paddle tails are crap. To little action. Zoom and kietech for paddle tails for this guy.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
How come no one has commented on jig size? Doesn't size matter? :D

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1/8 or 1/4 for me, any bigger jig just don't have the best luck with. They like to hit it on the drop so the fall is critical. I have found if they are not hitting an assassin then they aren't hitting a different kind of plastic. Switch to live bait or tip with a crawler and that normally does the trick. Braided line is a must also.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66