KDM's Muddin' Minute

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice KDM, that will definitely change my way of river fishing. The Eddies i was aware of, never paid attention to the seams or others.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM... your watch is broke - it's more like Five Muddin' Minutes #$%^&>

Last edited:

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a great video. I will patiently wait for the next one. Even though I may never fish the Cheyenne (one never knows), I appreciate your intel and even the description of your terminology.

And of course, what you see there is repeated in streams and rivers all over. A wing wall in fast current creates eddys everywhere, and I'm sometimes shocked how far into (close to land) the fish will be.

Great job! (and nice shirt)

I’ve applied information I learned from fishing with kdm on the Missouri and rivers all over the west. Don’t think this information applies to just the Shryenne.

- - - Updated - - -

I just had a phone conversation with KDM, and my head almost exploded with the wealth of knowledge coming through my phone speaker.

Dude knows his stuff.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM... your watch is broke - it's more like Five Muddin' Minutes #$%^&>

I broke my watch the day I retired. Now my only time pieces are the sun and or moon. Threw away the calendar as well. Most of the time I don't know what day it is. (Grin)

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
great video, I am learning a lot. Any thoughts on applying the techniques to the Missouri tail race from the shore

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the same concepts work at the tailrace as well WW. Current seams up close to the discharge chutes hold most of the trout and the small seams along the shore rocks going down river hold the walleyes. Mostly at night though. During the day it's more difficult to find'em. The BIG current seam that forms on the West side of the tailrace by those high wall things holds fish as well. I tend to fish the east side straight down from the light pole which is normally where the confused water lessens but in front of the smooth water flat that starts towards the end of the rocks. I use a 1/2 oz white jig with a white paddle tail and cast up current at a 45 degree angle and count down 10-15 seconds depending on water flow. Then I tighten up the line and hold. I don't reel in. I let the current do the work. The current will bring the jig to the surface at the end of the hold and then I reel in. Most of my fish hit on the hold or right off shore when I reel in to cast again. Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80