? Jet ski accident strawberry lake ?

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He's not poor by any stretch of the imagination from what I hear.
True enough, but if the guilty party is poor doesn't the saying 'can't get blood from a turnip" apply? Can the court make the SOB pay from future earnings, etc? I have no idea, just curious, no good outcome from a tragic preventable accident. Makes me cringe recalling some of the dumb things I did when younger, especially while drinking. :(

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
the owner of the jet ski, the driver of the boat, along with the jet ski driver they will all be named. Maybe the last marine company that worked on it, manufacturer of the machine list goes on --------it just gets ugly. 150 yards that sizable distance. I hate jet skis -- have no use for them.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lawsuits will not bring her back. The thought of revenge via suing just doesn’t sit well with me mainly because I think all lawyers are snakes in the grass. This guy and those involved will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. If it was me that would be punishment enough. This was a freak accident that not many could have thought was a possibility.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no idea of what the financial situation is of anyone involved here, but can you imagine getting a check every month for the death of your child? What a shitty thing to do to the parents of the child...send them a few bucks as a reminder of their loss. Uggh!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is where you want to make sure you have adequate insurance if you have any assets. That will be tackled first ---- even then with insurance it may not be enough - then they will hit assets and future wages. If you are worthless, in debt to your @ss - then no worries. I would be very surprised if a civil lawsuit is not filed. The boat operator with the tube - also has a duty same with the observer. Its only money

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the perfect example of why you don't carry minimum insurance limits. I imagine the medical bills are extensive for both girls. If the insurance doesn't cover it, your personal assets will be next.

If a person has many assets they should really have an umbrella policy as well for these situations.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
medical, funeral, loss of future earnings on part of the child pain suffering, distress..... list goes on. 45 years of loss compensation that in itself is a big number.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have no idea of what the financial situation is of anyone involved here, but can you imagine getting a check every month for the death of your child? What a shitty thing to do to the parents of the child...send them a few bucks as a reminder of their loss. Uggh!

This happened to a person I knew growing up, and the parents simply put the money to good use. Charities, helping schools, etc ...
It made the reminder a positive.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
He pled guilty to prohibited Operation of Personal Water Craft........ not sure what that means, was he charged with this for not wearing the lanyard or just operating it in a prohibited manner..... like going to fast or to close to other boats, or all of it combined?

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't jet skis basically stop when u let go of the throttle? There is no brake that a kill switch would engage is there?

either way stupid not to have it attached. Doesn't it go around your wrist in 1 second?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't jet skis basically stop when u let go of the throttle? There is no brake that a kill switch would engage is there?

either way stupid not to have it attached. Doesn't it go around your wrist in 1 second?
It sounds like the throttle stuck.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure it did.

That probably came from the same "experts" who estimated the speed at 25 to 75 mph.

Lawyerism at it's finest.

One of the news stories the owner of the jet ski said he had problems with the throttle sticking but he thought the repairs had taken care of the problem.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76