What the heck Garmin !?!

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So who ever had this new sonar, how did they place or did they win the tournament?

We were stubborn on day 1 and stuck to our big fish spot all day hoping they would eat at some point instead of running out for some cookie cutters which killed us. However on day 2 we fished our same spot the same exact way and weighed 21.92 lbs for the 2nd biggest basket of the tournament and held big fish until being bumped at the very end.

You can't win because of your sonar but it's a valuable tool to help with the process.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to see it side by side the regular Panoptix. I think it would be better in close ranges, but I'm not convinced it would be better in deep water...yet.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used panoptix last season and I will say this is better... We did a demonstration at the Garrison marina which was like 80ft of water with a jigging rap and there were zero issues seeing the jigging rap moving around on the screen.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll try to shoot some video this week of the livescope in action.

Aquaholic

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used panoptix on missouri. river and sakaka so far this summer. For me, if your stationary you can watch and play. I'm usually moving and fishing. Its hard to watch tv and fish. Not that I'm complaining. I'm still waiting for sharks with lazer beams attached to their heads.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77