Operating Drones for Profit

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made my way up to Minot on Friday morning to sit for the exam. 60 questions and 45 minutes later I was done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the practice tests definitely helped to prepare. Ended up passing with an 88%.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still think it should be legal to shoot them down if they're over your property. I know I sure hope the first one to fly over my place is a cheap one and doesn't cost me too much to replace.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
so without reading the first page.. whats the going rate to have aerial pictures of your property taken? I'd really like to have one taken of our 10 acre property. How's the picture quality?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
so without reading the first page.. whats the going rate to have aerial pictures of your property taken? I'd really like to have one taken of our 10 acre property. How's the picture quality?

I'm not sure what the going rate is, but the picture quality on these new drones is pretty amazing. I'll post some up once I get my drone.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
so anyone can fly a drone? but you can't sell the pictures unless you are certified? seems a little gray? if you are using the pictures for your business does that mean you need to be certified or just selling the images out right?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
so anyone can fly a drone? but you can't sell the pictures unless you are certified? seems a little gray? if you are using the pictures for your business does that mean you need to be certified or just selling the images out right?

Anyone can fly a drones as a hobby, but you are required to attain the certification in order to make any money on the products. The FAA can impose some pretty hefty fines for operating commercially without a license.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to be certified anytime the drone is used for business purposes, even if you're not actually selling the pictures.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does that also include farmers?

Yes. Here are some of the categories that fall under the FAA's commercial use guidelines.
[h=4]Commercial purposes may include:[/h]
  • Photography
  • Videography
  • Sports Events
  • Real Estate Photography
  • Wedding Video
  • Photography
  • Land / Farm Surveying
  • Music Events
  • Golf Course Mapping
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Accident Investigation

• Construction Site Safety
  • Inspecting
  • Structural Inspections
  • Airframe Inspections
  • Yacht Sales
  • Land Management
  • Promotional Videos
  • Commercials
  • Hunting
  • Aircraft Inspection
  • Security
  • Other Data Collection Services

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't want to start a new thread so figured I'd bump this one up. Anyone have a drone? Make and model? Pros and cons?

Looking at getting one to play with, would be fun to get some aerial video/pics of the home, food plots, hunting areas, etc. Looks like they have come a long way with these things and the prices seem to have dropped quite a bit for a decent unit.

emerald

Established Member
expensive drones come back, cheap ones sometime dont, then carry heavy liability insurance,[old pilot remark]

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My El Chino comes back every time. Made in shipped from no tarriff drone.

Anybody get harassed by eagles. Holy sht I was shooting our we fest group and in comes two Baldy's. I didn't see em until it was almost to late. Not sure of my footage. I will post it. I took the GPS off and came in hot. I know the one tipped me hopefully he got some prop scared the hell out of me.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DJI Mavic 2 Pro, just bought a new smart controller for it, haven't tried it yet

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a drone buzz me while out fishing the river last spring. When it got about 40-50 ft away, there was a loud voice in my head that I now needed to bring the shotgun with on my next fishing trip.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74