eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
any one low enough over my property to be reached via 12ga is coming down

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
any one low enough over my property to be reached via 12ga is coming down

I feel that way every year when a big yellow spray plane clears my house by about 30 feet. If he can go between houses on his approach he is about roof high. Next year I video it and ask some questions.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just purchased a rarely used Mavic Pro and a fly-more kit. I will take the online course to prepare for testing this winter and then hopefully do some commercial stuff in 2020.

I operated a Mavic Pro Premium and damn do they go fast! I was following US Hwy 83 at 43mph (with a tailwind). If it wasn't for the video monitor the naked eye couldn't pick up the drone. The Premium model is nearly silent, too.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is really good money to be made with drones if you can get the right contracts

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is really good money to be made with drones if you can get the right contracts

This is very true depending on what you can offer. The real estate market is pretty saturated, and a lot of agents have their own drones and are flying them illegally. I would like to get into wind tower inspections, but there is a lot more to it than just snapping some pictures. A lot of the drone companies that are doing tower (cell, wind, etc.) inspections have people to conduct the post analysis and final reports. That is where the experience comes in.

What types of contracts are you referring to?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oil field is starting to be a huge drone user. Many ways they are being used in the patch

Last edited:

Frgo069

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think the airmap app is recognized by the FAA, but I could be wrong. In fact, I read something about that earlier but it didn't go into much detail. You don't need a license to fly it as a hobby, but if you intend to make any money you'll need a license. As far as that airport part is concerned, there are all kinds of restrictions, so I can't answer that. There are certain protocols that must be followed when flying within a certain distance of an airport, and each one can be different especially if there are special temporary restrictions in place.
As a pilot these drones scare me a bit. A little drone could take down a single engine plane in a hurry. Probably more so the 15% of people that lack common sense.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone had to renew their part 107 certification yet? Mine is up this month and I need to renew. I heard there was a way to take the test online, but everything I've found so far still requires you to take the recurrent test at a center.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75