panther lift

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
My lift for my kicker motor sounds like hell. Sounds like its grinding gravel as I raise and lower it. However it works flawlessly. My local boat shop says to just keep using until it gives out then replace it. Said you probably have to replace whole lift. Wondering if anyone has had this experience? Can/cannot you just replace the motor so not so expensive? Thoughts??

#2 What cranks are you guys having success with that will dive down to the 15 ft mark using 8 lb fireline? thanks

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
have you noticed and oil leaking from it? might just have cavitation going on in the pump.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I travel with it down and strapped so it can bounce on bumps etc. I have zerked all points that need it. I did some research and found that there are some bearings inside that may be corroded and you are supposed to fog them each winter. I have no clue how to do so.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boat is a 2011 with a Panther lift on the kicker ( 9.9 Johnson )

I've replaced my lift motor and cylinder 2 times on my panther lift. Call them direct and I was able to get a discount both times, customer service is good. First failure was my fault, didn't lift the troller and drove across the lake. The second failure was due to water getting in the motor.

Invest in the Precision trolling App for your phone. There are 100 cranks that will do what you want to do.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77