Deer Lottery. Get lucky?

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unsuccessful. But kind of what I expect because I had a muley buck last year for the first time in 5 years.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doe tag here. The buck I shot last year was so small this is probably an upgrade!

HaHaHaHa!! You Sir, owe me a cup of coffee and a roll of paper towels to replace what I used to clean off my keyboard and monitor screen. THAT IS FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!!! Thanks!!!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Takes big balls to be that condescending with such piss poor English skills
It's not condescending when there were 684 buck tags last year after gratis and only 388 applications for whitetail buck it a legitimate question! Having that many tags makes it pretty tricky not to draw! So for three guys to go undrawn makes me think they were probably a group application putting in for any buck first because to do it independently would be a hell of a maneuver.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can be several reasons why you wouldn't have gotten the emails. Email is not a sure thing as far as communications go, never has been. Emails get lost or never received many times. You as a user have zero control over that other than calling and bitching and having to try to prove who's mail server is at fault.

For example, 1 mail server may be blacklisted by the other and nothing you as a user do will fix that unless you run your own mail server. The administrators will have to figure that out.

for a while our mail server was not allowing any email from the state of ND. ND's email server was blacklisted by our mail server for who knows what reason. This wasn't too long ago.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can be several reasons why you wouldn't have gotten the emails. Email is not a sure thing as far as communications go, never has been. Emails get lost or never received many times. You as a user have zero control over that other than calling and bitching and having to try to prove who's mail server is at fault.

For example, 1 mail server may be blacklisted by the other and nothing you as a user do will fix that unless you run your own mail server. The administrators will have to figure that out.

for a while our mail server was not allowing any email from the state of ND. ND's email server was blacklisted by our mail server for who knows what reason. This wasn't too long ago.

While I would usually agree with this, I don't see it being the case in this instance. All 3 individuals were applied and only 1 email address was used. The verifications for all 3 individuals came in 3 separate emails stating they successfully applied. When only 1 email came back stating a tag had been drawn, we assumed something was wrong at this point.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a key piece of information in your last post - 1 email address used for 3 applicants. My hunch (I don't work there) is that possibly they pulled a distinct email list to send the results out with.

OR

there's something with the process sending the emails out that strips out duplicate email addresses.

Last edited:

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a key piece of information in your last post - 1 email address used for 3 applicants. My hunch (I don't work there) is that possibly they pulled a distinct email list to send the results out with.

OR

there's something with the process sending the emails out that strips out duplicate email addresses.

Very well could be. I don't think any of us are too concerned about whether us adults get a tag or what not, but for the 13 year old pretty excited for a doe tag, just hoping this one doesn't fall through the cracks and they get it taken care of.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very well could be. I don't think any of us are too concerned about whether us adults get a tag or what not, but for the 13 year old pretty excited for a doe tag, just hoping this one doesn't fall through the cracks and they get it taken care of.

From my experience with my own kids (under 14), they don't "draw" the youth doe tags. They are automatic and don't come out the same time as the regular results.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope. Two of us applied together for any antlered and not sure what the other guy's kid did. He may have applied for a doe tag because he is in the military and won't have much time to hunt but likes his sausage!

That would definitely help tip the odds a tuch. Last year the breakdown was 1,626 applications for 1,285 tags after gratis leaving only 344 without tags. This year had 50 more tags so the number may have dropped to something like 294. Either way odds are quite high of drawing.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is the unlucky guy in Unit 1 that didn't get a buck tag with 6 points in 2018? 69/72 were successful with 4 points, 2/2 with 5 points and nobody else had 6 or more

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll have to ask my boy how many points he had but he is in a string of bad luck. He put in for another unit one year and got a tag but it sounds like it could be him.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69