Ak fng

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve been lurking around here periodically for a while. My lurking goes back about 15 years to the fishingbuddy glory days. I see quite a few friends on here and a few topics that I may be able to throw some helpful information towards.

Lived in ND for 26 rowdy years. My hobbies included keeping 25-inch walleyes in April and May and shooting 3-year-old deer before their prime. I once had three buck tags in a year. However, I didn’t draw my ND muzzy or NR muley tag for 2018 so hopefully we can still be friends. I’m the guy your brother in law’s cousin saw hauling mountain lions, wolverines, wolves, and black bear into the state with the horse trailer. Obviously as a paid undercover agent for the Game and Fish. Once people caught on, I took off to Alaska quicker than a Minnesota citiot can hide a dead hen pheasant. I am working on trapping a handful a grizzlies and teenage yeti to transport back to ND when I move back some time in the next 5 years. It will take that long to teach them to eat only livestock and school children – per my NDGF contract. For these reasons, I thought this website would be a good fit.

I’ve spent the last several years putting on some serious miles exploring nearly every corner of AK. Hopefully I can chime in and help some people with some AK logistics questions associated with hunting and fishing. I also enjoy keeping up with what is happening back home.

If IG is your flavor, feel free to follow along. https://www.instagram.com/william_schmaltz/?hl=en It’s mostly salmon fishing, flying, and drop hunting trips. Working towards a completely DIY super 10. 2018 has been a ringer of a year so far and there are some big-time backcountry trips in the books for 2018 and 2019! Cheers!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah, yeah, whatever, the important this is did you bring enough cigars for everybody?

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
36307231_10211185185761620_6391103665083514880_n.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
All good so long as you never reside in WI. That shit don't wash off, ever.

Jdubya

Established Member
Can I hunt the yetis with a furbearer license? If so, welcome! Sick of the lottery crap...

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You didn't say if you pickle muskie so I'm going to just assume you do.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Post pics of your dog’s happy meter so we can judge whether you’re an America-hating pervert or not.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome. I will be visiting AK for the first time in a week! Can't wait.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good too see you aint pushin up daisies.....

Most are probably pretty surprised! Finally limped my liver back to life after it begged for mercy all them years.

Not out of the woods yet though! One engine failure on the plane, a 5-day Chugach storm, and 100 mph winds on a February Kodiak goat hunt had me making deals with God; but I came flying out of there like a tornado of teeth and 330 conibears! We'll see if 20 days in the northern Brooks Range can do it in August. You know how it is old buddy, these crazy ideas just run in the family.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76