Firewood ?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year Cashwise in Minot had good firewood for sale(if you picked thru the pile you could find bundles that were all birch wood), this year they have junk for firewood. :mad: Anyone know where a guy an get a pickup load of cut and split birch firewood around Minot? Someone up around Bottineau have some for sale? Love the smell and it burns very nice. Was at a bar in Scottsdale one time that burnt Mesquite in their fire pits, also a great smell to it, but probably won't find any of that around here. :(

campchef

Honored Member
A chainsaw and a little ambition will get you all the seasoned ASH wood you will need for years. I have a shelter belt in Wells Co with about 50 dead, standing ash trees. My plan is to assemble a workforce for a weekend to cut, split and stack. Take a load home but leave enough for the old man to keep his cabin warm for the winter. I've been known to cook up some quality "eats" and I never chinze on refreshments when the work is done.
Interested? please respond.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alittle story about firewood, memories from growing up, always fun. Prior to moving out to Great Falls, MT back in the middle 70's, we didn't have a fireplace. Folks purchased a house in Great Falls, that had a fireplace. I believe back in the day, you could purchase a permit to cut wood up in the mountains, but only cut "downed" dead trees, which was fine, because there were plenty around. So as a teenager, I was involved in getting firewood prior to winter arriving. We would team up with the neighbors and make a trip to the hills and bring a trailer full of logs back, then just cut them up in the back yard. It was all pine. So this was my first experience of smelling pine on an open fire.

Something about the smell of pine on an open fire on a wintery day makes me all relax. We don't have any real pine around here, so when I do get a whiff of it, reminds me of my days in MT as a teenager.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
You may want to check into if you can bring your own firewood into a ND state park to burn. Sounds like as long as it is with in the state, firewood it is allowed. Blue plate country has much stricter restrictions concerning bringing firewood on DNR managed lands to help combat Emerald Ash Borer, actually even limiting firewood bought at one location can't be or possibly can't be taken to another state park for example.

kayaklife

Do you know if there are requirements about the spotted lanternfly now too? I spotted some in my area.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 59