Flies suck!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been camping since last Thursday and the flies are terrible. They drive a guy nuts! :mad: Anyone have a recipe for taking care of them pesky bastages?

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Equisect from Fleet Farm...you wont find a fly near you. Its in the equine section. Ive been using it for quite a few years now. Spray it on like bug spray. Simply Amazing! and its water based

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Equisect from Fleet Farm...you wont find a fly near you. Its in the equine section. Ive been using it for quite a few years now. Spray it on like bug spray. Simply Amazing! and its water based

Is it even remotely safe? I'm willing to try anything. Hate biting flies..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
no biting flies in Little Minneapolis

just sayin

- - - Updated - - -

Is it even remotely safe? I'm willing to try anything. Hate biting flies..

https://www.farnam.com/-/media/File...Repellent_Label Wrap_32 fl oz_3006298 pdf.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USEUSE ONLY ON HORSES AND PONIESEPA Reg. No. 270-304 • EPA Est. No. 2724-TX-1Equisect™ Fly Repellent is a water-based product that is non-irritating, so it isgentle to your horse’s skin and coat.DIRECTIONS FOR USEIt is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistentwith its labeling. Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems. Do notapply this product in a way that will contact children, either directly or throughdrift. Except when applying directly to horses, ponies, dogs and cats, do notapply this product in a way that will contact adults or pets, either directly orthrough drift.DO NOT USE ON HORSES INTENDED FOR SLAUGHTERHORSES AND PONIES: To repel and kill Horn Flies, Stable Flies, House Flies,Horse Flies, Deer Flies, Mosquitoes and Gnats, apply Equisect™ Fly Repellentas directed below.As a Spray: Remove excess dirt and dust. Apply a light spray mist sufficientto wet the surface of the hair while brushing lightly against the lay of the hair.Avoid spraying in eyes and mucous membranes. Apply with a sponge or softcloth to these areas.As a Wipe-On: Thoroughly brush horse to remove dirt and dust. Extremely dirtyhorses should be shampooed, rinsed and allowed to dry before applying. Usea sponge or clean soft cloth.Apply Equisect™ Fly Repellent to point before run off over areas to be protected.Pay special attention to legs, belly, shoulders, neck and facial areas. Avoid eyesand mucous membranes.Repeat treatment daily or at intervals necessary to give continued protection.Net Contents: 32 fluid ounces (946 ml)Water-based,Alcohol-freeFormula™ Fly RepellentFor Horses and PoniesRepels and kills horn, stable, house, horseand deer flies, mosquitoes and gnatsEQUISECTFIRST AIDIF IN EYES: • Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for15-20 minutes. • Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes,then continue rinsing eye. • Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.IFSWALLOWED:• Call a poison control center or doctor immediately fortreatment advice. • Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. • Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poisoncontrol center or doctor. • Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.IF ON SKINORCLOTHING:• Take off contaminated clothing. • Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20minutes. • Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.IF INHALED: • Move person to fresh air. • If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, thengive artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth ifpossible. • Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatmentadvice.

- - - Updated - - -

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/pyrethrins.pdf

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Treating clothes, socks and shoes with permethrin worked wonders for me up on northern LOW this year.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does a thermacell work? I put one in the boat hoping it would keep flies out too. Haven’t tried it yet.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been camping since last Thursday and the flies are terrible. They drive a guy nuts! :mad: Anyone have a recipe for taking care of them pesky bastages?

I'm at work and not having a problem with flies maybe you should try that

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the bug assault
2Q==

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm at work and not having a problem with flies maybe you should try that
Haha,;:;badidea V we need the single finger wave emoji!! ;:;boozer

- - - Updated - - -

I use the bug assault
2Q==
I know there is a shit ton of salt in the world but with all the flies here, supplies could get short.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The flies are REALLY bad here. A few weeks ago I camped in Mobridge and they were bad there too. I went to Running, and got some Bronco stable spray, and some yardguard and insect spray. It helped a lot but on that Friday we stayed up most the night and kept a fire going. The wood we had was green cut trees from the storm over the 4th. One big green pine tree piece smoldered all day, and I think that helped too.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thermacell does help a lot. But the problem is if there is a breeze it gets blown away easily so then is kinda pointless. It's good for calm evenings though for sure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75