jigging raps

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had about the same luck with shiver minnows as jigging raps, which isn't much. I just have a hard time with at least not putting a minnow head on it. I'm probably not jigging them right. Not sure I've ever tried them with no bait.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why the hate and discontent for the snap raps? I've seen them put some nice fish in the boat. I think they are best used when casted and worked off a ledge or steep drop off

Last edited:

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really, how do you cast them in the winter?

It's kind of like that bean bag toss game except you are pitching a jiggin rap instead of a bean bag from about 20' away from the hole. Takes some time to get the hang of it but can be a deadly technique during low light periods when the fish are aggressive.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to use a 28" rod for this but last year I switched to a 32" medium heavy and found I could cast a little further.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coworker just gave me a Phantom Lures Tilly which is pretty much a jigging rap without the front hook and a noticeably larger treble. Hope it works well, I lost a pile of jigging raps at devils this weekend

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never use a leader other than titanium on my jogging raps. I don’t like extra snaps and knots. I really don’t think the fish care either way.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone ever use the flat raps? Do they work just as good? Saw some for $5 but never have used them.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had about the same luck with shiver minnows as jigging raps, which isn't much. I just have a hard time with at least not putting a minnow head on it. I'm probably not jigging them right. Not sure I've ever tried them with no bait.
Rowdy, in the summer there is no need for a minnow or minnow head. It’s a %100 reaction bite. I believe this thread is mainly talking about summer fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

%100 reaction! Kinda like when a nice pair of “yogas” walk by and you can’t help but look.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny story. My son got snagged at the tail race the other week. Brought the boat up to it and found he was snagged on some fishing line. Pulled that up and there was a rope attached started pulling the rope in and there was jigging rap after jigging rap and then a anchor at the end. Tried some of them but the BB still produced better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62