Minnesota Bear Baiting

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are a good man bucksnbears :;:exactly and a tip of my hat to you for helping these youngsters get their bears! ;:;bowdown You shall be rewarded for your good deeds. :;:thumbsup :;:cheers

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you bbj.
In reality, I was quite greedy in the field growing up. Helping ( giving back) helps ease the memories of days past:;:lame

Been a real treat and rewarding the past 10+ years watching kids shoot their first. Some start damn neat vibrating out of the stand when they see their first bear:;:rockit

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well there was no shortage of bears this year, passed on 7 the first night. Had one real nice chocolate coming to a bait but only one daylight picture with the rest at night but it was easy to ID, had a pretty good dewlap. Buddy and I tagged out on our bear the first weekend, nothing special size wise, both about 200 pounds. Went back out with my son this past weekend and he tagged a very respectable bear. My son is 6'1", 220# to give perspective on size. Already thinking about next year!

This bear had seen its share of heartache, found quite a few 7 1/2 shot in his rump, only had four toes on the right front, and at one time had broken a front leg elbow which had fused solid when healed. We are going to boil it down and see if we can see anything in it?

2018 Jons Bear.jpg2018 Jons Bear2.jpg

Last edited:

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome 62.
I've seen several bears with joints like you described. Never delved into why.
Tough critters!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76