Smooth Moves (Air)

Brett58852

These were the single best upgrade I’ve done to my boat. If you are struggling with whether or not to spend the money, the link will help you make your decision. I went with the 4.75” air suspension. I don’t think the 6” would have been ideal for me since the 4.75” already put my line of sight above the windshield but I’ve heard plenty of people are using the 6” and are happy. Trust me.....you expect a lot from a product carrying a price tag that high but they exceed expectations.
https://youtu.be/d0RnVtCZdjQ

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
we were actually right behind you on day two. Somewhat recognizable boat! Our ride didn't loo as smooth.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
soothing music

kYXHnxMxDn-12.png

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ eyexer ate my other ear

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe I've seen the debate on here so...........Smooth Moves or Air Waves?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the 1st generation (spring) Smooth Moves. They were a friggin ejection seat. Nearly lost 2 tourney partners while running hard in rhythmic waves. They were so bad on this summers boat order I added an extra Oh SH!T handle in front of the passenger for their safety. Even with the extra handle I went without special bases (just Springfield bases) on this years boat to re-evaluate the need for them.

I will be getting the 2nd gen Smooth Moves. I ran in 3 boats with them this summer. They are fantastic. I rode in 2 boats with Air Waves and feel the Smooth Moves are superior. Better compression stroke with what feels like a quicker, yet soft rebound.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife had spinal fusion a year and a half ago so I purchased the spring model at Scheels two weeks ago. We run some small waves and she said she could not feel them. We really have not given the thing a good test yet.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the 1st generation (spring) Smooth Moves. They were a friggin ejection seat. Nearly lost 2 tourney partners while running hard in rhythmic waves. They were so bad on this summers boat order I added an extra Oh SH!T handle in front of the passenger for their safety. Even with the extra handle I went without special bases (just Springfield bases) on this years boat to re-evaluate the need for them.

I will be getting the 2nd gen Smooth Moves. I ran in 3 boats with them this summer. They are fantastic. I rode in 2 boats with Air Waves and feel the Smooth Moves are superior. Better compression stroke with what feels like a quicker, yet soft rebound.

I hear you about the ejection seat! The 219 we run had my ass almost at the top of the windshield one day, came down on the gunnel and almost broke my hand. We were just getting going and I was still putting things away and not hanging on when we hit a wave and I went flying.
I went with Wave pros and I really like them allot, zero ejection situations last two years. Simple and very easy to install and don't take up any room.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smooth moves look like they take up alot of room. And, they do look like ejection seats.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
that boat will be a tough sell when you decide to sell it lol

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have smooth move, they are awesome. The room they take up is under the seat and not really useable anyway. They are adjustable for weight so you should be able to tame down the ejection feel. Best money I've spent on an accessory. Will be in any boat I have.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I have the 1st gen smooth moves also. I have the spring tension dialed in pretty good for myself, but my passengers are always bouncing around. Anyone have any experience with Air Waves vs the new air smooth moves? My buddy has wavepros in his ZV18, those are pretty decent too, but I feel like if you want any amount of travel you let too much air out and bottom the thing out, and if you put more air in, you seem to lose travel distance pretty quick. That being said, I'd still take wave pros over my spring smooth moves.

CranknTFX

I've had both. Almost launched the wife out of the boat with the smooth moves. Got the ok after that to change! Wave pros are the way to go. Small and light. Having 2 smooth moves in the boats like having an extra person.

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got 2 in my boat of the 1st gen and love them. Mine is adjusted just right for me and your partner just has to adjust for his or her weight. Wouldn't be without them tho.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just install a set of 5 pt racing harness problem solved for you guys that go 100 mph on rough waves..just saying.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75