Plumbing question

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
my previous thoughts are out as I looked at the picks and you have a low point drain. Did the previose owners have a garden? I wonder if there is a one way valve in there and they had a rain bucket attached.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
typically sprinkler guys like to use 1" supply line and most interior lines use 3/4
Exactly

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the line going oustide is the larger main line and the house supply is the necked down secondary? Strange

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cut the fucker off flex seal it and forget about it till water starts running out of some where else. ( i loose patience real easy and some times my fix doesnt work)

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went cross eyed reading that. And what crankbaits are we talking about

lol... it's ok you are a chiropractor and a painter by trade... i fix pipes. It's the cranks you don't like my hash tag lol. I am getting setup to do my own painting just so I can do them and my own colors and repaint my old baits. one of those things I will probably spend way more on than is worth but I can then say, "I can do that"

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t know what you mean by hashtag.

Who guessed pressure relief valve for a sprinkler system? It appears that the valve may be worn out as I have to barely crack it open to shut off the flow to the mystery pipe. The good news, it got my wife wet.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pictures incoming. Had to wash the boat before the rain struck.

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_mlfoo6W0TO1s5hccbo1_500.jpg
alexisren_29737893_474923159576613_7339778858922541056_n.jpg

I haven't read every post but from what I gather from the pictures the water spicket above the yellow handled valve is to winterize the piping that goes through the outside wall. If you put a bucket under it the water in the line should gravity feed from above till the line is empty. If you wanted to get technical you could even measure the amount of water reclaimed and determine the distance from the valve to the mystery pipe. I'd open and close the yellow handle a bunch of times in case there is junk in it and it might quit seeping. sometimes just slightly opening the valve will seal the ball if it's washed out.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, that is exactly what I’ve deduced after this situation. I’m not about to measure volume though. Mystery pipe solved. But I’ll be damned if I don’t mention this to the realtor. “Already plumbed for underground sprinklers.”

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay, two things:

1) "Mention this to the realtor??" What the heck? Are you abandoning the Southside..?

2) Devils Lettuce. I'm going to regret this, without a doubt, but what's Devil's Lettuce?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay, two things:

1) "Mention this to the realtor??" What the heck? Are you abandoning the Southside..?

2) Devils Lettuce. I'm going to regret this, without a doubt, but what's Devil's Lettuce?[/QUOTE]

There is a clue in one of the recent political topics.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay, two things:

2) Devils Lettuce. I'm going to regret this, without a doubt, but what's Devil's Lettuce?

Nope, we like the south side. There's actually a house by you that I'd like to see the price drop a little.

Cheech and Chong would be disappointed in you.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, we like the south side. There's actually a house by you that I'd like to see the price drop a little.

Cheech and Chong would be disappointed in you.

There's a nice one on my street, across the street and a little north of me. You'd have the 3rd Ranger Sparklyboat on the street. It's got a three stall, but one stall is double deep. Lotsa boat room... Pad next to the garage for a camper...

Devil's Lettuce. Haha, had to google it. I'm not sad that I am ignorant.

I thought for sure it was some of you boys' gay-lingo.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79