When its a 100 outside

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new Yeti is still full of ice after 3 full days of sun in the back of the work pickup.
Somehow they have made them even better.

Anyway, I will be cracking one of them cold ones for the ride home in my 158* cab...

When I think of Yeti and cold beer I remember Miller light in a bottle once or twice frozen in a cold culvert when I was a kid , Skunky , ishta. Do yeti's have a thermostat ?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
It feels good to take a cold/cool shower so you get your old man ball sack to shrink up so you aren’t stepping on them. :cool: ;:;rofl

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
It feels good to take a cold/cool shower so you get your old man ball sack to shrink up so you aren’t stepping on them. :cool: ;:;rofl

29384705-9283-471A-B6D2-255FD9800C5B.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should be more careful in the future

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have officially hit 100 now for five days in a row here in Bismarck. Little bit of a cold front moving through later today that should keep tomorrow in the 90s, so we are most likely going to fall short of tying the record of 6 days in a row of 100 degree days in Bismarck. That was in 1936.

However, the record for 90 degree or higher days is 18, and we are currently sitting at 12 with a very realistic chance of tying or beating that string of 90 degree days.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have officially hit 100 now for five days in a row here in Bismarck. Little bit of a cold front moving through later today that should keep tomorrow in the 90s, so we are most likely going to fall short of tying the record of 6 days in a row of 100 degree days in Bismarck. That was in 1936.

However, the record for 90 degree or higher days is 18, and we are currently sitting at 12 with a very realistic chance of tying or beating that string of 90 degree days.

We have it made in the shade, Just think what it must have been like in 36 , No Air conditioning , No rain , no crops ,no money, haying thistles and potholes with horses . Each other is all they had for the most part.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member

Throw us a bone mother nature, -50 windchills for a week to this ^^..c'mon woman

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have it made in the shade, Just think what it must have been like in 36 , No Air conditioning , No rain , no crops ,no money, haying thistles and potholes with horses . Each other is all they had for the most part.

Right, back in late May as we entered the growing season there were dust clouds for miles along highway 83 from Minot to the Garrison turn. It didn't look good as farmers put seed into dust with little expectation that it would even germinate. Fast forward to now and while germination was a problem in many areas, there are parts of the state that are above normal for precip going back 30, 60, and 90 days. Yeah, there are crops that suck, some have even been zeroed out by crop insurance, but it sure as heck isn't as bad as it looked like it was going to be back in May.

And today we have rains moving in from MT and SD as I type, some more good rains (and a little hail plus wind) are going to once again limp some of those crops to the finish line.

I see my neighbor's small grain (wheat) failed and crop insurance must have told him to do something with it, so he whacked it with round-up. It was probably about 6-9 inches tall, so not even enough to hay. Kind of surprised my other neighbor's feed barley was worth haying, but he put it up last week. It was only about 12-14 inches tall and pretty thin.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My folks got married in 1935 maybe thats why they were together so long. Death was the only thing that took them apart. LB

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember many years ago we didn't get much more than an inch of rain in Wells County. Summer fallow back then only produced 15 bushels and 2nd and 3rd crop land wasn't hardly enough to make into feed either but I remember being told when I was a young Lad, that some feed is better than no feed!
Told some young farmers about 15 years ago or so about getting little rain and not much if any for bushels and they just kind of laughed at me and said, we farm different than you guys did, our no-till will yield us bushels no matter what. I replied with, if the good Lord doesn't bless you with rain and doesn't turn that spigot on, it doesn't matter how you farm!
Maybe that is sinking in a little bit to them right now????? :;:huh

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79